Harrys is a mens grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience & for guys who know they shouldnt have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value & experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razor blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website & select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers & are growing fast. Were now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online & in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Global Design team is responsible for the design & development of products, packaging & environments for both the Harrys brand & Private Label brands world-wide.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Manager of Store Design & Construction to help innovate & manage the store environments for Harrys. We seek a talented store development leader & creative problem solver with a strong design skill set & construction experience in the retail setting. As Manager of Store Design & Construction you will understand the brands DNA in order to successfully own & lead store development design & construction initiatives. You will work with an internal team of industrial, graphic & production designers, manage external vendors & consultants, & collaborate cross-functionally with our Retail & Operations teams to successfully create award winning in store merchandising & retail environments. This role reports to the Senior Director Of Store Design & Construction & is part of the Global Design team at Harrys.
The preferred candidate will have experience managing external vendors, & architecture & construction related consultants, to deliver completed stores environments in a fast paced & demanding environment.
Harry's is NOT opening its own retail locations - this role will be focused on in-store merchandising efforts for 3rd party mass retailers. This is NOT a design or architectural role - the ideal candidate will have focused on in-store executions at mass retail.
What you will accomplish:
- Manage the design & development processes of store environments from kick-off to final approval
- Work closely with industrial, graphic & production designers to bring design directions to life by creatively ensuring construction feasibility & costs are met.
- Lead the development relationship between the Design team & their internal (Retail, Operations) & external partners (vendors)
- Manage all the design milestones for all store environment projects
- Establish working relationships with external vendors & key design & construction consultants across industry
- Development of design project cost estimates in relation to established budgets
- Travel to vendors & stores sites as needed
- Ensures processes & policies are consistent with corporate guidelines & best in class industry practices
- Responsibility for buildability & articulation between designs, plans & full construction documents
- Participating in vendor selection with Operations teams.
- The ability to artfully balance a busy workload & the demands of multiple Retailers
- Deliver projects on-time, under budget delivery of well executed retail merchandising projects meeting all brand requirements.
- Has & maintains current knowledge of industry trends in retail store design including fixtures, lighting & finishes.
This should describe you:
- Excellent ability to work with & manage 3rd party stakeholders
- Project management with experience managing multiple projects (10+ years)
- Creation & management of construction documents (5-7 years)
- Strong experience with Solidworks (5+ years)
- Organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to multitask.
- Vast knowledge of materials & their cost & sustainability implications
- Strong problem-solving & decision making skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across all levels.
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability & working knowledge of color & design principles
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs & budget objectives
- Ability to communicate design with hand sketches/drawings
- Skilled in the visual, written & verbal communication of design issues
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique & varied store locations
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.