Peloton is looking for a Lead Architect for the Peloton OS whowill direct, plan & coordinate the design, optimization, & implementation of the Android operating system for Pelotons interactive hardware devices.
We are a team of world-class experts developing & shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, & content. The Peloton OS team is at the core of our software. We work on the full stack to help provide modular scalable platform & consistent services for Peloton applications. The team is responsible for managing Peloton OS (Android based) & defining the key core components to build robust & scalable OS platform.
We are looking for candidates who are extremely passionate about OS technologies & who are strong proponents of building a solid platform to help our application teams iterate faster. A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, passionate & doesn't mind delving into different areas of the stack. This person will take initiative & should be willing to execute consistently in an agile, fast-paced environment. Strong communications skills are key as well given we interact & work with many internal & external engineering teams, partners, architects & product management.
- Work closely with product management, application software engineers & external partners to understand requirements & specify interfaces for new software frameworks & enhance existing frameworks
- Design, develop, & verify software frameworks
- Work with Application & BSP teams to debug functional, performance & stability issues across the stack
- Participate in design & code reviews for the OS team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Experience with shipping consumer products
- Experience with Android internals & frameworks services
- 8+ years of experience in coding in C/C++ and/or Java
- Experience with Android SDK, NDK, JNI & IPC mechanisms
- Experience with Android performance tools & security models
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses, & retail showrooms in the US, UK, & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.