The Customer Success team ensures that school districts, CMOs & families have a happy & successful experience utilizing SchoolMint products. As a player-coach, the Manager, Customer Success will support a portfolio of enterprise customers (large districts & CMOs) in using & fully adopting their SchoolMint software by providing coaching on the product, refining & growing their solution, helping support prompt resolution to any issues our customers face, & ensuring our clients realize their ROI of their SchoolMint technology. In addition, the Manager, Customer Success is a people manager where their expertise in the SchoolMint Product & client relationship management enables them to mentor team members & advise clients to successful value realization of SchoolMint products.
As our Manager, Customer Success, you will report to our Director of Customer Success & contribute to the companys strategic direction, development, future growth, culture, mission, & values. You will provide leadership within the Customer Success team, in the following key areas:
- Manage & deepen relationships with a portfolio of enterprise CMOs & Public School Districts to drive renewals, reduce churn, expand revenue & product adoption & increase customer satisfaction. Specifically:
- Monitor customer health through data analysis of product use, support inquiries, NPS scoring & other health criteria
- Drive new business growth through advocacy & referrals
- Discover & create additional new opportunities within existing accounts
- Negotiate contractual terms with existing/renewing clients
- Accurately forecast monthly & quarterly renewals
- Track account activity to identify churn risk & work proactively to eliminate that risk
- Develop a deep understanding of a clients business requirements, challenges, SchoolMint solution & set-up to support annual academic milestones from updating applications to refining processes to working with internal data & technical resources to update student data.
- Collaborate with team members across Support, Professional Services, Customer Success, Product, & Engineering as needed to resolve issues & deliver great customer experiences
- Serve as the primary interface with customers to manage & resolve any critical situations
- Lead annual retrospectives sharing compelling data around usage & growth & identifying actionable feedback
- Create, own, & execute end-user trainings through product knowledge with the ability to command a small to large audience
People & Process Management
- Motivate & create an environment where Customer Success Specialists thrive & delight customers
- Manage the day-to-day activities of our Customer Success Specialists, while leading the teams continued professional development, growth & expansion. Must be comfortable working with a remote team.
- Act as a point of escalation for clients of Customer Success Specialists
- Set expectations on performance & give feedback to Customer Success Specialists. Manage out underperformers.
- Work with leadership on core process development & continuous improvement of Customer Success tools to support team scalability.
- Lead the adoption of SchoolMints Customer Success principles, standards & tools to drive successful customer interactions, including our Customer Success Platform
- Participate in the recruitment new Customer Success team members
- BA or BS degree or higher
- 3-5 years experience in customer success or account management role at a technology company
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Experience developing strategies to increase the adoption of technology solutions
- Passion for improving education
- Strong communication, presentation & negotiation skills, with the ability to inspire others
- Analytical & process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, multi-stakeholder projects with exceptional results
- Self-driven, persistent, & assertive
- Enthusiastic lifelong learner
- Strong empathy for customers & passion for revenue & growth
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Technical aptitude with a solid understanding of technology & how a product works
- Experience with training and/or configuring SAAS software solutions
- Experience in a startup or technology environment
- Education field experience or operations experience working in a public school
- Knowledge of Pivotal Tracker, Totango, ZenDesk and/or Salesforce