Founded in 2014, Maven is a fast-growing digital healthcare company focused on bringing better access to healthcare for women & families. In September, we raised our Series B from leading funds Sequoia & Oak HC/FT, bringing our total funding to $42 million. Serving over 1 million members around the world & working with both small & Fortune 50 companies, Maven provides the most progressive support for women & families in egg freezing, fertility, pregnancy, postpartum care, & return to workboth to individuals & as a family benefit provided by employers.
Maven is looking for a product designer to join their product & design team. Applicants should have a solid background in conducting user research & facilitating design-thinking activities. Applicants should also have a passion for solving business & user problems with intuitive solutions, while owning all facets of design from user research to final UI execution.
On an average day you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to identify & prioritize user problems & business needs to solve.
- Work alongside product, design, & engineering to build & grow product at Maven across iOS, web, & android platforms.
- Maintain & grow Mavens design patterns & visual design language through collaboration with the product & brand design team.
- Conduct user research to identify & validate user problems & test hypotheses.
- Lead ideation, prototyping & testing of new concepts. Share ideas & learnings across the organization to keep stakeholders & impacted teams in-the-know.
- Oversee & facilitate implementation of designs by working closely with engineering teammates.
- Thoughtfully balance all aspects of Mavens growing business by considering engagement, sales, & user needs when contributing to product strategy & developing design directions.
- Be a champion of design thinking & help encourage & inspire creativity & a culture of feedback around the organization.
- Solve real-world customer problems to influence health outcomes & support women through critical life transitions.
- 3-5 years of product design experience
- Exceptional foundational design skills (typography, composition, overall good design sensibilities)
- Mastery of relevant software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe or likewise)
- Ability to design for a multitude of platforms (web, iOS, Android, etc)
- Experience building prototypes (Framer, Marvel, Principle, InVision, HTML/JS, etc)
- Strong communication, problem-solving & brainstorming skills
- Has deep product experience demonstrated through a portfolio of multiple case studies
- Has a sharp eye for detail & highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to quickly familiarize & incorporate brand goals & considerations in product work
- Passionate about womens health
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health & well-being of women & their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission & reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. Thats why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- Dental & Vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Access to the Maven platform service & free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- Citi Bike & ClassPass discounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation time off
- Parental & other leave
- Sponsored learning & development programs
- Annual personal hobby stipend
- Weekly team lunches & bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks & regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- Newly designed NYC office in the heart of Tribeca
- Ongoing special days, such as designated bring your child & bring your canine to work days!
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.