Zola is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Tech team. This role will have full ownership of the infrastructure that supports one of the fastest growing startups in NYC. This role will get to tackle lots of challenging technical problems, such as information retrieval, image processing, common libraries & frameworks that help engineers be more productive in building products. All while getting to work with smart, passionate people that love what they do.
As Senior DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Own the entire core infrastructure that enables our tech teams to build, test, release, monitor, & scale faster & better.
- Develop & evolve the infrastructure to accommodate growing business needs & product complexity.
- Build, maintain, evolve, & support our development, staging, & production environments.
- Evolve our CI/CD infrastructure (CircleCI) to meet the needs of rapid product development.
- Empower the entire Engineering org with observability to identify & resolve performance & quality issues.
- Continuously improve the security of our infrastructure by integrating with third-party security vendors & AWS services.
- Manage & evolve our cloud ecosystem (AWS) with Infrastructure as Code.
- Develop & evolve processes for making critical infrastructure changes.
- Establish best practices & promote simplicity, security, observability, & maintainability throughout our infrastructure & codebase.
- 8+ years of professional experience in an infrastructure-heavy role (SRE, DevOps Engineer, etc.)
- Knowledge of Linux, networking, & cloud technologies (youll work with AWS).
- Working knowledge of programming (youll work with Python, Bash, & others)
- Proficient with the following:
- SQL database (Postgresql preferred - We use AWS RDS Postgresql)
- Familiarity with one or more configuration management systems (Ansible, Chef)
- Experience designing, deploying, & managing cloud infrastructure.
- Exceptional problem solving & debugging skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with these are a plus:
- Infrastructure as code, CloudFormation, Terraform, CDK
WHO YOU ARE
- Youre energetic, self-directed & self-motivated.
- You have a strong desire to learn & contribute ideas to the broader engineering team.
- Youre independent & comfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous work environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge & experience in decision-making to arrive at creative solutions.
- Manage multiple tasks & use sound judgment when prioritizing tasks.
- Youre thorough in your approach to building infrastructure, considering corner cases, weighing risks & costs.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. Were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, & we have offices in Charlottesville & Montreal. Come work with us!