Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Sr. Manager, Finance Lead for Oscar Virtual Care to support the Oscar Medical Group team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
What is the position?
The Oscar Medical Group, is a new practice & this role is the first dedicated finance hire in this exciting direction for Oscar. We are looking for an experienced practice manager who will serve as a finance jack of all trades.
Partnering with the GM of Oscar Virtual Care, you will be responsible for all facets of finance for the Oscar Medical Group. You will be responsible for designing & implementing scalable processes that leverage the industry & subject matter expertise of those around you, & will work closely alongside Oscar & Oscar Medical Groups Legal, Compliance, Finance, Network, Clinical, & Tech teams to ensure scalability as we grow into new markets & products. Youll manage the budget & work with the Director of Practice Management to maintain the overall financial health of the practice.
- Develop & enhance the budgeting, forecasting & close processes. Evolve & refine the business metrics & reporting that provides insightful information to the practice leadership
- Reporting to leaders across Oscar Health & Oscar Medical Group the collective financial health of the practice & profitability KPIs & provide monthly re-forecasts for revenue & expenses
- Working within our EMR, internal tools & platforms to track & optimize the revenue cycle from claim submittal to claim payment
- Driving new billing system adoption & integration as needed for our Virtual Primary Care practice
- Working through day to day oversight & invoice management for practice vendors
- Working with Finance & Claims to ensure proper flow of funds from Oscar Insurance to Oscar Medical Group
- Setting the Oscar Medical Group fee schedule
- Partner with the Oscar accounting team on monthly closes.
- 5+ years of medical practice revenue cycle management (claims submission, claims processing, claims reimbursement) & financial performance experience, ideally with multi specialty or multi center practices
- Experience integrating administrative, financial, & clinical systems for better performance & improved outcomes
- Experience with SQL, BigQuery, Periscope or equivalent data management infrastructure
- Experience in tech-forward Practices (i.e. practices that have incorporated telemedicine)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.