At Ritual, we care about creating a best in class experience for both consumers & merchants on our platform. As we continue to launch products in new markets, the importance of defining problems becomes an increasingly important part of our product development workflow. Because of this, were building a UX Research team that will be challenged to shape the experience for every one of our users & restaurant partners. This team will guide & inform Product, Design, & Engineering teams, ultimately enabling them to incorporate human-centred thinking from problem definition to post-launch iteration.
As a founding member of the UX Research team, youll play an important role in shaping the restaurant partner experience by posing thoughtful & impactful research questions, & use a variety of research methods to conduct contextual research that will help frame problems & synthesize insights. You contribution will be instrumental in determining how we identify needs & problems, & how solutions look, feel, & function. Youll also work closely with Rituals Data Analysis team to help better understand the contextual human & business factors that drive our restaurant partners wants & needs.
As a UX Researcher at Ritual you will...
- Be the voice of the user, advocating for their needs across multiple touch points as we define our product roadmap
- Make sense of research questions & priorities for teams across the company, employing a variety of research methods to find answers
- Leverage data from multiple sources, synthesizing & summarizing the findings & communicating them to Engineering, Product, Design, & Marketing
- Collaborate cross-functionally to design, implement, & track the success of Ritual products
- Become the driving force behind the evolution of our tools & research best practices, mentoring other UX disciplines & ultimately levelling up our UX Research team
Were looking for a UX Research that has...
- A knack for identifying optimal UX research methods & tools depending on project objectives & constraints
- Experience applying a wide variety of research methods, getting creative & thinking critically to ensure optimal results
- A deep understanding of end-to-end product design processes
- Demonstrated success communicating insights & recommendations to diverse audiences & a passion for facilitating cross-functional collaboration
- Fluency in Cantonese would be a huge asset. German, French, Japanese, and/or Korean would also be useful
People Youll Work With:
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business - we are all owners
- Healthcare coverage from day one & an unlimited vacation policy
- $15 daily in-app credit towards lunches & coffees
- Fun company-sponsored events & off-sites
- Biannual performance reviews, education allowance & opportunities for personal & professional development
Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs & ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, Ritual has grown to over 300 employees, serving customers in 25+ cities across North America, the U.K. & Australia & has raised over $100 million in venture funding.