Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building huge scale networks on the Internet.
We are looking for a network developer to join the existing network team, working within the infrastructure group. The net-dev team is responsible for developing & maintaining tools that make our large network easier to manage. This includes automating device configuration, real-time monitoring, & supporting general network engineering & operations. We employ a mix of open source tools & products developed in-house, which all need to work together so that we can easily make changes, ensure device configuration is correct, & monitor the performance of our datacenters.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Developing, maintaining, & enhancing our set of open source & internally developed tools
- Managing our automation process & integrating our automation systems with other tools
- Building new software driven by the requirements of the network engineering team
- Working on our monitoring systems to provide insights into all parts of the network
- Automated remediation of problems based on alerts generated from our monitoring systems
- Plenty of opportunities to do traditional network engineering work
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience working with & managing Salt is highly regarded
- Deep understanding of network automation concepts at scale
- Strong Linux skills along & proficiency with Python is a must
- Knowledge & experience working with tools such as Jinja2, NAPALM, NetBox, Github, Prometheus, & Grafana
- High-level understanding of network engineering, L2/L3 protocols, large-scale data center networking, transit, peering, & backbone networking.
- Previous experience working with Juniper devices is highly regarded
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.