Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
We are looking for aSenior User Experience Designer to create usable, attractive, & high-performing user experiences for CarGurus products. The ideal candidate will be comfortable solving complex customer problems with agile teams that include engineers, product managers, analysts, & copywriters.
An online portfolio or access to samples of past work is required for applicants to this position.
What Youll Do
- Collaborate with engineering & product leads to research, conceive, design, prototype, & ultimately test new features within the CarGurus consumer- & B2B-facing experiences
- Create user flows, sketches, user flows, use cases, personas, & other product design & communication artifacts as needed, based on business requirements & constraints
- Practice a data-driven design approach, & apply user insights & customer feedback (including A/B testing) to rapidly iterate on your designs
- Understand business strategy & how designs align with strategy
- Apply measurements of the effectiveness of your designs to your work
- Work with teams & stakeholders across CarGurus
Who You Are
- Significant UX design/product design experience
- Fluent in commonly used design tools such as Sketch & InVision.
- Fluent in user-centered design principles & testing methodologies
- Experienced in user research, usability testing & other methods of design validation
- Can clearly & effectively present & communicate design processes, ideas, & solutions to teams & customers
- Familiar with accessibility concerns
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodology
- Able to demonstrate your understanding of design process & innovation with an online portfolio or samples of your work
- Able to partner with product managers & engineering to balance technical, business, & customer requirements while applying a user-centric design approach
- Able & willing to share your knowledge & experience with team members, & to learn from other team members
- Experience with iOS/mobile design is a nice-to-have
- Experience with e-commerce and/or digital marketplace products is a nice-to-have.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hard-working. We have a great respect for testing & learning, & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visitour careers page.