The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position is based in Secaucus, NJ & will report to the Senior Manager of Product Receiving.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle all product intake into our internal inventory system
- Check products against enclosed packing list
- Inspect goods for sale-ability
- Prepare items onto garment racks for our SKU team
- Identify high value & marquee merchandise to be seperated & 'fast-tracked' through the system
- Assist in the authentication process by locating brand identifiers (holograms, date codes, authenticity cards, & hallmarks) & evaluating quality of materials & construction
- Minimum 1 year of luxury fashion experience (retail included)
- Strong fashion knowledge Top designers & brands, current trends, garment construction etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Basic computer & data entry skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced & high volume environment
- Outstanding work ethic & ability to reach daily quota & goals
- Excellent organizational & time management skills & acute attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin,sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will considerqualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.