Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr; we transform information about real-time world events into actionable alerts. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact, critical & breaking information, enabling them to act faster & stay one step ahead.
Our groundbreaking technology detects, classifies, & determines the significance of public information. We have revolutionized the way relevant information reaches the right people in corporate security, news, the public sector, & finance.
We've been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds while also receiving numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including being recognized by CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & being named to the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes in 2017.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact both as an individual & as a member of our innovative engineering team. Dataminr was founded in 2009 & is backed by the worlds leading venture & growth technology investors so youll have the support of an established company while enjoying the flexible & creative work environment of a successful, high-growth tech startup. Why join a huge tech company where youll be one of thousands? At Dataminr, youll make a difference immediately & contribute to our product & analytics pipelines that process streaming data at scale. The problems we solve are meaningful - our engineering solutions really help people when every second counts. Come join us!
Who you are:
You're an experienced Senior Analytics Database Engineer interested in deploying & supporting a data warehouse for business intelligence & analytics within a data-intensive, information SAAS business that drives innovation across multiple sectors. You have expertise in designing, maintaining & refining analytics data structures & their relationships, & you delight in optimizing queries - both your own & others. You have extensive experience integrating disparate big datasets & working with pipeline data engineers to validate data quality & consistency & implement best practices. You bring an in-depth understanding of the advantages & limitations of particular technologies, including hands-on experience leveraging features of analytics dbs in order to optimize highly-performant business intelligence tooling. You have developed strong communication skills that you leverage to drive impactful decisions that benefit the business, & you have a proven track record of collaboration with stakeholders, data engineers & product managers in order to deliver successful business intelligence solutions based on complex datasets. You have a history of mentoring other engineers, you give generously of your time & you know when to ask for help.
You will be the lead database engineer for our new analytics & business intelligence platform, responsible for designing our data structures & building out our data warehouse solutions while working closely with our analytics pipeline & business intelligence engineers. You will be a primary contributor in our business intelligence & data management vision & implementation, & will be responsible for maintaining an ongoing data analytics culture of compliance, ethics & integrity. You will work with data engineers to perform source system analyses, identification of key data problems, & work to resolve any data quality & data consistency issues. You will research & evaluate technologies & recommend the most efficient solutions, & you will collaborate with our stakeholders teams across the company to provide better access to data resources. In the first month, youll
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our data processing pipelines & data structures with overview sessions & deep dives with your team.
- contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, youll:
- share responsibility for our data warehouse & data structures with other members of your team.
- help to plan our new infrastructure features & improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in helping others understand our data analytics structures.
Within 6 months, youll:
- own the data warehouse.
- design & implement data structures that deliver highly performant answers to business questions for teams across the company.
- be influential in helping plan the next iteration of our analytics platform.
- bring new ideas to our engineering & analytics processes to help us continuously improve.
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, & are accountable.
- We work urgently & thoughtfully & are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, & assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded & deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor & humility.
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.