ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind & value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industrys best technology & the worlds best people. As a result of our teams tireless effort & dedication, were growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds & geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for
ACV Auctions is looking for an enthusiastic Inspector who has a knack for cars & wants an opportunity to join a growing company. Our Inspectors are the face of our company. They know a ton about cars, & love to talk about them - explaining to our clients what they need to know in a way they can understand. They have boundless energy & work tirelessly to ensure our clients get nothing but the best. Our inspectors are meticulous. Nothing gets by them. At ACV Auctions we pride ourselves on Trust, Transparency, Credibility, & Customer Service & our Inspectors deliver this to our customers every day.
What you will do
- Partnering with a Territory Manager & a team of Inspectors, conducts inspections of vehicles at dealerships, auctions, & off-lease, to detect damage, missing parts & mechanical problems.
- Prepare & submit a report of vehicle condition, repair/replacement cost estimates, & related documentation.
- Help sales team up-sell or cross-sell services & products
- Interface regularly with our dealers to develop & ensure client satisfaction & build strong relationships.
- Travel to & from dealerships & homes to inspect, & write condition reports, list vehicles to sell on the auction platform.
- Take multiple, overall, & damage photos match them to a vehicle, & download them to the image server utilizing the company issued smart phone.
- List inspected wholesale vehicles utilizing ACV Auctions platform for bidding & purchasing.
- Sign up independent dealerships as buyers to utilize ACV Auctions digital platform.
What you will need
- 1 - 3 years of experience in the automobile field (body, paint & mechanical repair knowledge) with customer service background strongly preferred.
- Problem solving aptitude to meet challenges with resourcefulness & innovative approaches.
- Proven success to work independently with minimal supervision while working in a team environment.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to understand customer needs & expectations.
- Valid drivers license & safe driving record required
- Reliable transportation to travel to client sites & to & from home office, with up to 80% field-based travel.
- Knowledge of system capabilities, knowledge of needed/job-relevant software packages, & web-based applications.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, or kneel, stand for a prolonged period of time with the ability to lift 30lbs.
- Ability to drive a manual & automatic transmission.
- Vision abilities required to properly identify small defects around & underneath vehicles.
- Ability to work outside in the elements for extended periods of time.
What we will offer
- Paid Overtime with mileage reimbursement
- Professional training opportunities & upward mobility
- Upbeat Innovative Culture
- Tools provided to help you be successful (company issued smart phone; OBD-II Scanner; Tire Tread Measure; Paint Meter; Magnetic Ruler
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.