We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of lifes most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm & marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us & build the nation's largest & most trusted platform for selling real estate!
What Youll Do Here:
- As an Engineering Manager, you will be overseeing projects of varying scope & complexity
- You'll organize & direct cross-functional teams, while also being required to roll up your sleeves to write code as needed
- Be responsible for identifying opportunities for growth within your pod, as ownership opportunities (e.g. spec, technical design, rollout, etc) are shared amongst all Engineers
- Decompose our core application where appropriate into smaller services using the best technologies for the problem at hand.
- Continuously push the boundaries of our tech stack while coaching Engineers on best practices, both internal & industry standard
- Build out our communications infrastructure including telephony, messaging, chat, etc.
- Experience managing Software Engineering teams, with a focus on building high-visibility products
- Experience with one or more SQL Databases: PostgreSQL, MySql, SQL Server.
- Experience with one or more web frameworks: Rails, Django, Spring.
- Experience with one or more front-end frameworks: React, Ember, Backbone, etc.
Bonus points for:
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working on a small team, ideally at a startup.
- Familiarity with web analytics, A/B testing, & agile development methods.
- Familiarity with the Amazon AWS ecosystem & Heroku platform.
- Medical, vision, dental, & paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches & snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, & a reference check. Were excited to get to know you & hope youre ready to give this opportunity everything youve got!