Designers & architects are extremely valuable members of the 1stdibs marketplace & comprise the fastest-growing consumer segment: Trade. We are seeking a dynamic & passionate Trade Customer Experience Specialist to join our UK team, based in Wyboston Lakes in Bedfordshire.
Expansion into the UK market is a key initiative for the Trade team & this will be our first Trade Customer Experience hire outside of the US. This role will support three London-based Trade Sales members & work in tandem with our global Seller Relations & Logistics teams in both the Wyboston & New York. The Trade Customer Experience Specialist will sit with our Consumer Client Experience Team & will report into the Manager of Customer Success, UK.
The Specialist will provide a seamless purchasing experience for our Trade clients, ensuring all details of an order are executed with the highest level of service. This role is cross-functional, interacting with both buyers & dealers, resolving order-related service queries as well as facilitating shipping-related support as required.
The team is continually making improvements & taking on new projects, & were looking for driven self-starters who will help us to tackle these challenges & stay on top of the competition.
What youll do
- Provide excellent customer & technical support via phone & email
- Educate clients on how to navigate & utilise the 1stdibs platform, including Trade-specific tools
- Communicate procedures, policies & effectively manage client expectations
- Proactively resolve customer issues or concerns using critical-thinking & customer service skills
- Maintain a calm & positive demeanor with all clients, colleagues, internal & external contacts
- Multitask & utilise multiple systems concurrently to efficiently gather customer & order information & respond to inquiries
- Collaborate with internal departments including Sales, Logistics, Finance, & Dealer Account Management to ensure a smooth, seamless luxury experience
- Attend & contribute to a variety of team meetings, ranging from company-wide to strategy & brainstorming sessions within the group
What you'll bring
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a fast-paced customer service, account management, or e-commerce environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal & written, with the ability to convey information in a clear & concise manner
- Problem-solving skills with attention to detail & the ability to identify & anticipate customer issues by asking probing questions
- Patient & level headed, able to handle escalated clients in a calm manner & diffuse challenging situations
- Strong time management & the ability to prioritize
- Collaborative team player who is always thinking about the department/company goals & always willing to step up & help out
- Experience with SalesForce and/or other CRM systems
- Luxury goods experience a strong plus
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal,and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.