Flywheel Sports, headquartered in NYC, is a rapidly growing boutique fitness brand & indoor cycling phenomenon, with 29 studios around the globe, & exciting expansion plans ahead. Since our launch in 2010, we have been at the forefront of the disruptive fitness movement, delivering a high intensity cardio workout in a fun, welcoming & energetic atmosphere, utilizing our proprietary technology to enable riders to gauge their output & track their progress.
Flywheel Sports is looking for a proven Senior Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team in a leadership capacity. The Team Lead will actively develop code while also mentoring & growing the teams technical expertise. The role reports directly to the Head of Engineering.This role offers a terrific opportunity to lead a key team at Flywheel Sports & apply technology to fitness in new & innovative ways. The engineering team is responsible for all engineering services supporting 30+ cycling studios nationwide & the At Home Bike Business.
In this role, the Team Lead will regularly engage with stakeholders throughout the development cycle. As such, the Team Lead must have excellent communication skills & understanding of agile practices.
Given the companys fast-paced, start-up environment, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter, talented engineer & capable of leaning in to support the company in other cross-disciplinary areas including analytics, financial reconciliation, & product management.
- Bachelors Degree in any technical engineering discipline plus a minimum 5 years of experience working in a professional setting as a software engineer.
- Minimum 3 years of experience programming in PHP & OOP
- Experience working with CMS (content management systems); experience with Drupal is a big plus.
- Expert proficiency in SQL database design & modeling.
- Deep understanding of fault tolerant cloud architectures, especially based on AWS platform.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work effectively with both onshore & offshore teams as well as non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working in Agile settings & strong understanding of Agile processes
- Proven communication skills both written & verbal.
- Able to work in a high energy, fast-paced environment & flexibility to manage change.