At Pursuit, we are committed to our alumni beyond their first placement in a tech job; we are here to see them through building meaningful careers in the industry. As a member of the Advance team, a Career Coach manages a caseload of ~100 Pursuit alumni employed in tech roles, connecting grads to the right resources according to their individual needs as they progress through their careers. The coach drives alumni engagement with the larger Pursuit community & serves as the main point of contact for alumni once they complete the 10-month Core training.
- Know that its all in the details. Youre organized & have systems in place to make sure that no detail, large or small, slips through the cracks.
- Can balance the importance of both keeping people motivated & holding them accountable. Youre great with people, can help them action plan towards ambitious goals, & youre genuinely invested in their success.
- Understand what it takes to succeed as a professional, from helping someone create a beautiful resume to helping them plan for a longer-term job transition.
- Are tenacious, & enjoy the process of thinking creatively to solve a problem.
What success looks like:
- Your grads are asking for & receiving promotions, raises, & leadership positions within their companies.
- Your grads have a clear sense of where they want to go in their careers & what they need in order to get there.
- You are communicating with your caseload on a regular basis to assess their needs, connect them to resources, & collect accurate employment data as it evolves.
- Your grads are converting from temporary to full-time positions, & staying in the tech industry for the long-term.
- Youre meticulously collecting data to provide informed support to your caseload & to inform our Core training program.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the tech landscape including various roles, hiring processes, & network contacts
- 3+ years of demonstrated success in a role counseling people throughout their job search & career transitions