Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Our NYC team is seeking a Business Strategy Manager to help shape the vision, strategy & execution for member engagement across Meetup. Were looking for a customer-focused, data-driven individual who is passionate about the member experience of our 42 million members. You will play a pivotal role in creating a world class experience for Meetup members, one that sparks explosive growth in our engagement metrics.
Driving member engagement may be the single-most important metric in our entire business. The deeper that members engage in Meetup (by joining groups, RSVPing & then attending events) the more value we are providing to our Meetup organizers. We can only build a great business if we are driving significant value on both the demand & supply side. High demand by members drives higher supply of organizers setting up Meetups, which in turn drives higher member demand. This role is critical to the future growth of the company.
This role will report directly into the Head of Member Engagement & collaborate closely with product teams (product, design & engineering). It will be responsible for surfacing relevant data insights & building out operational excellence for a growing team within the organization.
As Business Strategy Managerfocused on Member Engagement, you will:
- Architect analysis to support the immediate & long-term business decisions related to new product features, growth strategies, & business models
- Combine qualitative & quantitative insights to launch initiatives that will improve processes for team
- Develop & maintain key performance indicators for the business unit & track team productivity
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders on other teams, addressing concerns & removing roadblocks to drive projects forward
- Evaluate proprietary & third party data to identify trends that signal opportunities, challenges, & risks & recommend actionable processes & tactics