Senior Software Engineer, Android (Relocation to Ireland OR Remote Ireland eligible)
Squarespace is looking for a Senior Android Software Engineer to join our small, distributed mobile engineering team & work on the Unfold App, an app with millions of active users around the globe. Bio Sites is Squarespace's link in biography product that enables creators, entrepreneurs, & businesses to share their entire worlds in just one link! As more brands begin on social media, a Bio Site is a lightweight way for our customers to connect their followers to their company, grow their brand, & monetize their work.
Our mobile team collaborates across platforms & delivers a terrific experience for Squarespace & Unfold users when they're away from the desktop. You will manage the end-to-end development of this Android application & the long-term vision of Squarespace & Unfold on mobile devices. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager for Unfold through our Dublin office.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To
- Translate requirements into well-engineered solutions including: new feature development, UI creation, debugging, & data modeling
- Develop applications with awareness of multiple software & hardware versions
- Provide documentation of bug fixes during test cycle
- Work with a team of distributed engineers including our server-side engineering team
- Work with team members representing product, design, web development, & product marketing
- Inspire software engineers with different levels of experience.
Who We're Looking For...
- 3+ years of experience with Kotlin/Java & creating native Android apps, with apps in the store to show
- Understand Android UI/UX best practices, & a bias toward beautiful user experience & pixel perfect UIs
- Understand tradeoffs of different architectures such as MVP & MVVM
- Experience writing efficient & maintainable custom View & ViewGroups
- Experience with memory management, network programming, concurrency & multi-threading
- Experience with Combine, Dagger 2, OkHttp, Retrofit, Unit Testing, & developing for constrained devices
- Experience mentoring other engineers or a willingness to share you knowledge
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Free lunch & snacks
- Close proximity to cultural landmarks such as Dublin Castle & St. Patrick's Cathedral
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.