Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, weve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, & do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 17th or June 7th
Were looking for an intern to join our UX Research team. We value curious, empathetic question-askers who have a talent for explaining complex problems to others. We look for people who ask plenty of questions to make sure they understand the problem before defining solutions. If you want to be a part of the tech industry to help people, youll fit right in.
In your resume, cover letter, & interview, tell us examples that demonstrate your ability to do these tasks. We understand that applying for an internship role means you might not have experience doing many of these tasks. Tell us why you think you have the ability to do the tasks that you dont have experience in.
What you'll do here:
- Partnering with UX Researchers: Interns will work closely with our full time research staff to learn & demonstrate their ability before theyre asked to do these tasks on their own. For example, before moderating interviews with users, youll take notes while another researcher moderates. Before launching a survey, youll submit multiple drafts for researcher review. Our goal is to help you become more independent by the end of the internship.
- Research planning: Understanding the problem or question, defining hypotheses, then selecting the best methods to get answers
- Conducting research using a variety of methods
- Surveys: Drafting, creating, sending, & analyzing surveys
- Interviews & usability tests: Identifying participant selection criteria, moderating interviews, notetaking while other researchers moderate
- Insights synthesis: Identifying trends out of interviews, analyzing survey results
- Sharing findings: Creating & giving presentations about your findings. Adding other researchers findings to Mailchimps research catalog.
- Partnering with design: Working together with designers to make sure the experiences that Mailchimp creates match what users need
Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- Experience collaborating with User Experience professionals
- Firsthand experience doing UX work
- Knowledge about software development
- Experience in agile environments
- Experience in cross-functional teams (engineering, design, content, product management, project management, etc)
- Related coursework, like Psychology, Digital Media, Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Neuroscience, Applied Statistics, Design
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.