Latch is seeking a Manufacturing Software Engineer to be an integral part of Latchs Manufacturing team with emphasis on software for electronic test stations. The candidate will work in a collaborative environment where creativity & innovation is demanded & serve as the leader for developing & implementing test stations for Latch production lines.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Lead the system architecture for final manufacturing test of new products
- Plan & take ownership of integrating PCB, firmware, & software for factory support
- Support, troubleshoot & manage existing manufacturing test stations
- Collaborate with Backend, Firmware, & Electrical teams on deployments & test requirements
- Conduct code reviews with a remote team of software engineers
- Create technical documentation & processes for more efficient workflow
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience in consumer electronics, manufacturing, or product development
- Proficient with Python (or similar scripting language), specifically experience with python serial, multi-threading, AWS, & QT libraries
- Solid understanding of SDLC, embedded systems, & firmware life cycle
- Understand basic Windows administration & desktop application development
- Able to work independently & efficiently to meet deadlines
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical, & interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in international factory environments with international teams
- Able to travel domestically & internationally, up to 20%
- Organized & demonstrates initiative
- Comfortable in interdisciplinary projects
- Knowledge of bootloaders, UART, I2C SPI, Flash, ADC, current measurement
- Knowledge of electronics manufacture & test
- Fluent with EE tools: oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc.
- Experience with security concepts; encryption algorithms, digital signatures, key storage, secure communications, etc.
- Proficient understanding of Git & affiliated source control platforms
- Knowledge of devices running a high level OS such as Linux/Android
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture backed startup building the worlds first complete smart access system. We now boast over 100 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off & a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, & dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.