Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Quality Associate- Bags & Accessories to join our Quality team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in quality assurance in bags or soft goods, continuous product improvement, & building quality processes. You will report to the Senior Manager of Quality Assurance based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Coordinates material, packaging & product testing according to standardized procedures as required to support product development & production.
- Provides data review of the laboratory results & interprets reports to non-technical functions.
- Monitors consumer complaint metrics & investigates customer quality issues & complaints, communicates directly with external & internal partners for solution.
- Performs continuous quality analysis of uncommon material behavior or testing results
- Writes QC testing reports, test method and/or SOPs.
- Applies statistical techniques to procure components samples & experiment design for product evaluation and/or troubleshooting.
- Conducts & manages resolution of manufacturing deviations, root cause investigations, impact assessments & corrective action/preventive action as a Lead Investigator.
- Drive permanent resolution of manufacturing issues & consumer issues caused by supplier defects.
- Champion the use of quality tools, metrics & data to identify & drive quality improvement projects across all suppliers resulting in the overall improvement of the product & packaging.
- Drives quality control validation process including companys quality system self- assessment, factory assessment of continuous improvement & annual report on product compliance.
- Supports multiple aspects of compliance for the Quality System such as product safety, sustainability of product & packaging, social responsibility and/or as required.
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree of engineering, textile, or scientific discipline with minimal 3 years experience.
- Dependable, detail oriented, organized & efficient, precise.
- Knowledge of consumer product safety compliance such as EU/REACH, California Prop 65, Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act and/or global regulation.
- Ability to follow written & verbal instructions with repeatable & accurate results.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Strong analytical skills & ability to perform statistical analysis
- Ability to deal effectively with time pressures, stress, & changing demands of job on a regular basis.
- Able to travel internationally & domestically (25%)
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire