Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visitRefinery29for more information & to browse content. You can also visit ourFrench,German,US, andCanadianeditions.
About the team:
Refinery29 Internationals Branded Content group is a cross-functional & collaborative team of strategists & creatives responsible for developing & delivering ideas that align with our brand mission, engage our audience, & deliver results for our clients. This team, working in close partnership with key stakeholders across R29 & VICE, is tasked with driving growth for R29 International through mission-driven large-scale initiatives & brand partnerships.
About the role:
As Strategist/Senior Strategist, you will be responsible for connecting cultural & audience insights to creative inspiration & opportunities in order to design & propose programmes that fulfill our clients asks by authentically connecting them to our brand & audience.
You will play a leadership role throughout the pre-sale process, which starts with understanding the clients objectives & challenges & ends with proposing a compelling & competitive solution only R29 is able to provide. You will work closely & collaboratively with the Sales, Creative, Production, & Insight teams at R29 as well as partners across VICE Media Group in order to craft programmes that live exclusively on R29 as well as across VMG.
This is a full-time role reporting into the Associate Strategy Director.
What you'll do:
- Independently dissecting client briefs to identify the core problem that R29 is uniquely positioned to solve
- Tapping into your knowledge of audience, cultural, editorial, tech, & media trends to add an additional layer of insight to the opportunity
- Finding genuine connection points between client briefs & R29 capabilities, editorial programming, & commercial creative ideas
- Writing clear & concise creative briefs to guide & inspire internal teams in ideation
- Leading brainstorms to collaboratively develop original & compelling cross-platform programmes & creative ideas/executions
- Working cross-functionally to lead the proposal deck creation process including proposal structure & overarching narrative to ensure the final deliverable represents the Refinery29 brand & responds to the client brief
- Presenting & pitching proposals to internal stakeholders & clients
- Feeding your innate curiosity by remaining tapped into culture, abreast of industry & market trends, conducting primary & secondary research around brands, categories, platforms
- Building a deep knowledge & understanding of the R29 brand, capabilities, editorial programming, content performance, platform optimisations
- Identifying opportunities for R29 thought leadership within the cultural, creative, & media landscape
- Actively being a brand champion, supporting R29s mission & guiding principles not only in your work but also how you work
What you have:
- A strong communicator with excellent deck making, presenting, & copywriting skills.
- A continuous learner with a growth mindset - You are curious about the world around you & enjoy the process of uncovering new information, digging deep into niche topics, & broadening your understanding of the world & developing your abilities.
- A problem solver & lateral thinker - You are able to sift through information & ambiguity to find clarity; sometimes taking indirect & creative approaches to connect dots & identify solutions
- Known to be an empathetic, supportive, & trusted teammate - Your employees, peers, & co-workers value your collaboration, excellence, ideas & contributions.
- Able to focus on the detail while also keeping the big picture in mind
- Able to devise & implement a plan of action against deadlines, effectively coordinating oupt across different teams & internal stakeholder in short time frames
- Purpose-driven - Refinery29 is committed to supporting women in claiming their power in big & small ways. We are a purpose & mission-driven company & love people who have a passion to make a difference with their work.
- Entrepreneurial in your mindset - You have a vision for what needs to be done & you go about doing it & getting it done. You see & maximize opportunities for business growth. You care about driving success. You will not be micromanaged in this role. We expect you to take full ownership of your area & your results.
- Open, collaborative & curious - this is an ever-changing fast-paced company & we value people who listen & collaborate with an open mind for possible new ways of doing things.
Refinery29 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & commit to building an inclusive work environment & a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills.