WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen.
The Role & Opportunity
WorldRemit is sending remittances from over 50 send countries to over 150 receive countries & the number is growing monthly. Each of these corridors have different commercial & competitive characteristics
We are looking for a Commercial Insight Analyst that will support our data driven culture, leveraging the ever-expanding range of data sources we have available to improve our commercial decisions, from exploring our competitive landscape to understanding the way customers use our service.
As a Commercial Insight Analyst, you will use your ability in SQL & Excel to create analytically driven recommendations that shape commercial strategy & maximise ROI. Your solutions will influence international commercial decisions & create new opportunities that enhance business-wide performance
On the technical side, you will be working with a wide variety of technologies (e.g. Tableau, Python or R) to retrieve & analyse the transactional data, & more importantly, apply your data mining and/or statistical skills to obtain actionable commercial insights.
More specifically, to:
- Generate a solid understanding of our data & its implication for the business.
- Identify opportunities for improvements through data analysis, & champion the usage of data to derive commercial insights & drive action across the business
- Support the creation of models that will help us understand the market & the customer behaviour.
- Contribute to the industrialization of analytics, creating reproducible analysis that can provide insight in a continuously moving environment. For example, evaluation of the impact of pricing changes on the different business KPIs
- Devise methods of identifying anomalies & alert the relevant teams.
- Devise methodologies that will allow us to evaluate the impact of projects on the different business KPIs so we focus our effort on the right things.
- Automate reporting processes & dashboards, audit data from external sources & aggregate information from multiple data sources
- Engage with senior stakeholders to ensure analytical insights are at the heart of company decisions
- Strong analytical capability & evidence of being able to transform data into actionable insights
- An ability to see the bigger picture: a problem solving approach that gets to the underlying business questions, using a variety of data sources & information
- Passion for learning, able to quickly adopt new business concepts & technologies.
Skill & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis ideally within a business to consumer industry. Experience in international markets and/or fast-growing companies particularly valued
- Very strong SQL skills, able to handle complex data structures from multiple sources (Big Data, conventional DBs) & different areas (digital, transactional, marketing)
- Experience with customer analytics (churn, lifetime value, segmentation)
- Experience building dashboard or self-serve tools, with preference for Tableau
- Experience using statistical methods to create models & analyse large dataset using a language of your choice (e.g. R, Python)
- Advanced level experience with Excel