Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Proposal Manager will lead the development of solicited & unsolicited proposals, deal review committee scheduling, win wire preparation, & vendor registration management in support of the global Sales Team. For this role, you can translate your expertise in these areas into world class & timely proposal responses, content development, reporting, & sales enablement materials. You will collaborate across our sales, finance, operations, legal, product, engineering, & program management teams to develop compliant & compelling proposals & customer facing documentation.
As part of the global Sales Operations team, the Proposal Manager will be a creative thinker & problem solver with strong interpersonal skills, allowing them to navigate the broader customer lifecycle process while maintaining a strong & productive rapport with the Sales team. The Proposal Manager may also supervise & lead additional proposal support personnel as the team grows.
The key responsibilities include writing, editing, & formatting solicited & unsolicited proposals; managing win wire preparation; facilitating deal review committee scheduling; & managing the vendor registration process. You will drive content development & management, proposal process improvements, & proposal training. In addition, you will work with Sales & Technical SMEs to articulate Planet product features & benefits to customers.
Impact Youll Own:
- Work with Sales & other teams to develop, manage & drive proposal generation, client facing documentation & enablement materials
- Create, edit, & manage content for internal & external audiences
- Become a go-to resource for Sales with regards to up-to-date sales content, vendor registration process, deal committee scheduling, & win wire process
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Sales, Product, Legal, Finance) to ensure that all deals align with Planet strategies & guidelines
- Build & maintain strong relationships with Sales, Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance, & Engineering teams
What You Bring:
- 5 - 7 years experience in proposal and/or grants management, product marketing, technical writing, communications or business strategy & development
- Experience managing complex public sector, academic, and/or commercial proposals
- Experience developing customer facing documentation including: white-papers, proposals, & presentations
- Comfortable collaborating & communicating with Executive level decision makers
- Flexibility & willingness to step outside of traditional roles as needed in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with RFP Response Management Software, e.g. Loopio or RFPIO
- Advanced knowledge in the use of content development tools including Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, & Adobe products
- Familiarity with CRM tracking, reports, & dashboards
- Experience working with cloud storage, imagery or with geographical information systems
- Experience supporting geographically diverse teams & customers
- Must have the ability to multitask & meet short timelines/deadlines; at times have the ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends., & holidays to meet proposal deadlines & support global team
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Demonstrated success working directly with global customers & users
- Experience managing complex government, academic, and/or enterprise level proposals & use cases
- Graphic design & development experience
- Large-scale project management experience
- APMP certification
- Language capabilities - Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, and/or Arabic
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites & Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $81,000 - $159,000. This role is eligible for bonus & equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, & other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.