You will be responsible for working with cross-disciplinary teams to guide future product & technology direction. You will work with external partner & teams within Magic Leap to ensure a world-class mixed reality platform, applications & experiences. Additional responsibilities include managing vendor/partner relationships, evaluating technology opportunities, & participating in the overall product development at Magic Leap.
- Work with subject-matter experts from across the organization to develop & integrate innovative solutions.
- Investigate next generation technologies for applicability to solve current & future technical challenges.
- Follow industry trends & developments to rapidly absorb new knowledge bases & incorporate them into new & existing architectures
- Conducts research & case studies on leading edge technologies & makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production & operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency & effectiveness.
- 10-15 years embedded software development.
- 10-15 years of hands-on C/C++ & other programming languages.
- Extensive experience mobile product development, cloud technologies, and/or communications systems
- Experience with Graphics & Computer Vision.
- Experience with AR/VR.
- Experience working with SW/HW vendors.
- Proficient in verbal/written communication skills including presentation to large audiences
- Extensive experience in Software requirements analysis & proficient in authoring, editing & presenting technical documents.
- Experience designing plans & experiments for research into future technologies