The Mozilla Foundation is a California nonprofit public benefit organization. Our mission is to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open & accessible to all. We believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. Join us & become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, & opportunity online.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant, for a year-long fixed term contract, whose core responsibility is to anticipate, prioritize, & provide high-level support to the Foundations ED & EVP with the complex dynamic needs of the organization. You must be proficient in a fast-paced, high demand organization & operate with finesse, flawless judgment, & confidentiality.
We are looking for someone who is confident & comfortable supporting several ongoing projects for multiple teams with shifting priorities, & must meet proposed deadlines! You have a collaborative work style, are especially well-organized, can effectively multi-task, prioritize, & have strong written, & verbal communication skills!
You will understand effective communication & are a master of daily planning, prioritization, & balancing the demands of both internal & external parties. The role requires extensive use of people skills, sound judgment, & self-management. This position will primarily work out of our Toronto office (albeit remote in the short-term), although some travel may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactive & strategic calendar management for the Foundations ED & EVP, vetting a variety of meeting requests, ensuring executives are prepared for meetings & events & assisting with meeting agendas, conference/video call meeting setup, etc.
- Works closely & effectively with the ED & EVP to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments, responsibilities & following up appropriately.
- Researches, prioritizes & follows up on incoming issues & concerns, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the ED & EVP including: signature requests; invoice approvals; expense reports; credit card reports; & composing & preparing correspondence.
- Arranges complex & detailed travel plans, itineraries & agendas including support with schedule & route changes, possibly during night & weekend hours.
- Serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors & its Committees; assists Board members with travel arrangements, lodgings & meeting planning as needed.
- Organizes a variety of events for the organization including All Hands gatherings, Leadership Team meetings, board retreats, off-site meetings & staff meetings.
- Manages/supports ad hoc special projects as needed.
- Collaborates with other EAs to streamline & improve processes.
- Integrates easily with our driven, energetic, & agile organization.
- Ability to travel to accompany & support teams as needed, including international, up to 4 times a year & be available outside of core office hours when required.
Specific Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent, & 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Exceptional organizational & time management skills that reflect ability to perform & prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail & follow through on commitments with an appropriate level of urgency.
- High level of discretion in cases of exposure to sensitive information.
- Very strong interpersonal skills & the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members & external partners.
- Excellent communication & writing skills, listening skills, simplifying details & requests
- Critical anticipation & judgment skills
- Demonstrated passion for trying, learning, improving, & sharing previous best practices
- The ability to remain composed under pressure & meet deadlines in a fast paced environment & deal with contending or changing priorities.
- Experience with Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, DocuSign, Expensify
- Professional conduct at work at all times
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.