Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices & warehouses. And were just getting started. As a Pricing Associate, youll join a team of pricing experts whose mission is to configure & launch brilliant new product & service offerings. Youll launch new offerings via our Marketplace platform, while at the same time partnering with Supply & Demand teams to deliver the best solutions for our customers.
The Pricing Team owns & operates the platform that enables Flexport to design, test, & execute intelligent pricing for our vast array of service offerings. Successful team members can think in algorithms but communicate with anyone. We own Flexports pricing models & work across many groups within Flexport including Engineering & Product, Procurement, Sales, Operations, Finance, & Business Operations.
- Design, build, & package innovative offerings by matching customer requirements with Flexport products & services
- Provide pricing & customer offerings to sales & operations globally
- Manage responses for large client proposals & analyze margin, revenue expectations
- Track & measure key results & pricing trends on rate proposals to clients
You should have:
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate data in spreadsheets
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly
- Strong project management skills, managing the following effectively: project timelines, deliverables, budget, team accountability, status updates amongst partners & key stakeholders, & event objectives
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization & planning skills & fanatical levels of attention to detail & event improvement in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Proficient in MS Office or Google apps
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation