The Senior Director of Enterprise Customer Success is a highly driven, results-oriented, & people first leader who will both drive excellence in execution while building the foundation for growth for Pendo customers with 2500+ employees. As a vital leader within our Success organization & within the broader AMER region, you will be authentic, compassionate, strategic-minded, pragmatic, organized, commercially-minded, dedicated, & inspirational as a mentor/coach. You will have the responsibility for leading a team of Customer Success Managers in the US, focused on driving business-critical outcomes for Pendos Enterprise customers. You will be tasked with ensuring that our top customers accomplish their goals & effectively recognize & communicate the value Pendo brings to their organization. Direct reports for this role include CSM managers who lead the West, Central & East US region. Through collaboration with CS managers & organizational stakeholders, you will build & refine a strong operational foundation with effective high-touch engagement strategies that drive ongoing adoption initiatives, mature client relationships, & drive retention & expansion. This role will require a consultative & holistic approach to the customer lifecycle, expertise in navigating priorities, challenges & opportunities within a diverse customer portfolio, & ability to communicate effectively with VP & C-Level executive sponsors.
Responsibilities (what youll do):
- Inspire, attract, & manage a team of high performing CS managers & individual contributors - develop, lead & coach with a strong focus on team & individual development, organizational metrics & scorecard results.
- Contribute as a key member of the CS leadership team to inform Enterprise strategy, driving pragmatic, short & medium term successes that support the long term strategic vision.
- Partner with CS, Sales & Product leadership to align on quarterly retention, growth & territory goals, & strategic initiatives.
- Develop customer engagement strategies, & ensure the team is engaging strategically with customers & help prioritize activities that drive adoption, value & advocacy.
- Monitor & forecast retention on a monthly basis, observing key trends & holding the team accountable for engagement outcomes, retention targets & customer growth.
- Provide analytics & reporting including forecasting, pipeline analysis, quarter & year-end reports, board slides, performance to quota, & customer risk & health
- Serve as an Executive Sponsor for strategic customers, & enable your team to build & nurture relationships across the customers ecosystem to solidify partnerships & create opportunities for expansion.
- Collaborate closely with Success Operations, Enablement partners & other product, sales, & marketing stakeholders to strengthen operational components around retention insights, renewals motions, & customer health & adoption metrics & tools.
- Be a thought leader in developing & executing on Customer Success & Account Management best practices that can be used across the organization.
- Own & evolve the Enterprise customer journey, including onboarding, adoption, retention, & expansion with an emphasis on defining & demonstrating value to grow net revenue retention.
Qualifications (what you have):
- You have a minimum of 5-7 years experience of people management in customer success, account or technical account management at a SaaS company, with at least 3 years of second line management experience
- Strong understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Demonstrated success in consistently delivering revenue numbers, producing accurate forecasts, while maintaining a focus on customer health management, gross retention, expansion & advocacy.
- Operationally-focused & adept at connecting & communicating trends cross-functionally with clear metrics, feedback, stories
- Demonstrated experience managing & negotiating with Enterprise companies & stakeholders, including a strong ability to build & maintain C-Level & executive relationships.
- Exceptional collaboration & communication skills, & the ability to balance a bias to act while maintaining strong cross-functional relationships
- Proven track record of overachievement, innovation, leading change, & creativity in solving company & team challenges
- Demonstrable history of developing individual contributors & people managers, regularly take initiative to help your colleagues be more effective & help your teams perform at their best while being fulfilled by their work
- You exemplify strong technical competence & passion for B2B SaaS
- Demonstrated success in building and/or scaling a Services or Customer Engagement function in a large enterprise leveraging strong inter & intra-team change management, alignment, & collaboration
- You are an entrepreneur at heart with a growth mindset, & you thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, startup environment; demonstrated ability to adapt & lead in a high growth environment
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads & hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand & attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital & Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse & exciting set of technologies & clients & have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, & fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer & believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, & providing access & reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly & confidentially, as practical & permitted by law.