At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Cloudflare runs one of the largest DNS infrastructures in the world. We run DNS for over 12 million Internet properties globally. Many of our DNS systems are custom built internally, so weve developed a lot of proprietary technology that operates at scale, & we are iterating constantly to meet new scaling & reliability requirements.
In this role, you will be part of a small elite team that builds & maintains one of the core Cloudflare systems. You will maintain & expand our DNS infrastructure & implement features for our customers. We like to think outside the box & come up with novel approaches. The team is split between London & San Francisco offices.
- Previous knowledge of DNS protocol
- Proven Systems Programming skills in any of Go, C/C++,Rust, Lua, Python
- Proven ability to quickly analyze situations & devise solutions
- Previous knowledge of TCP/IP & Internet Routing
- Previous excellent troubleshooting skills involving breaking down complex systems & finding root cause.
- Proven knowledge of HTTP, TLS & CDN Networks
- Proven knowledge of building Data Analytics pipeline
- good communicator, we work with many other groups & like to tell others about what we do in blogs, talks, & meetups.
- Open source contributions is a big bonus
- Knowledge of DNSSEC & various security extensions to DNS
- Experience building Distributed Systems
- Experience with large scale Monitoring Systems including metric collection, metric pipeline, visualization, trend/statistical analysis etc
- Be responsible for the life cycle of assigned DNS systems including design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance, monitoring & alerting
- Update tracking tickets & documentation
- Review Pull requests
- Handle software releases
- Participate in DNS discussions (System Design, Incident handling, team meetings etc)
- Participate in on-call rotation
Apply by May 3rd