Principal Data Engineer (RGG Services, Inc; Boston, Massachusetts): Responsible for providing input on data across multiple projects & will work with data to build technical solutions that allow our business units to retrieve information & discover insights with ease & agility.
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Work directly with internal customers across multiple departments & levels, including marketing, planning, merchandising, engineering, product managers & architects to identify data requirements for solving complex business needs & discovering new areas of innovation.
- Work at the intersection of big data, technical design, & technical analysis to promote the knowledge hidden inside a treasure trove of data, & independently manage & provide feedback into the design & development of a multitude of diverse projects.
- Apply wide breadth of database & data warehousing technologies & applications to implement scalable, performant Big-Data architectures in a variety of projects.
- Lead the integration of highly complex & large-scale data from a variety of sources for business partners to generate insight & make decisions.
- Work across the company to gain diverse perspectives & develop a shared insight to resolve issues effectively.
- Work alongside product managers & engineers to implement data solutions, suggest tech forward initiatives, & add milestones in our roadmap.
- Architect, build & maintain scalable end-to-end & up to date data pipelines & data solutions that accommodate our internal & external stakeholders needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal & external stakeholders & partners to envision data analysis tools & future products.
- Deliver tech-talks & promote data driven culture across the enterprise.
- Work with engineers to deliver on large scale products ensuring that milestones & timelines are met.
- Communicate clearly with stakeholders to understand the problem & appropriate technical solution. Deliver accurate time estimates & project plan details of large initiatives.
- Serve as expert internally & externally in all areas of data warehousing & processes & provide mentorship & guidance to the team re data warehousing tools & technologies.
Minimum Requirements: Masters degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Computer Science, or a closely analytical & technical related field & 5 years of experience in data engineering applying a wide breadth of big data technologies & large scalable applications.
Alternate Requirements: Bachelors degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Computer Science, or a closely related analytical & technical field & 7 years of experience in data engineering applying a wide breadth of big data technologies & large scalable applications.
(I) Experience in data engineering applying a wide breadth of big data technologies & large scalable applications must include: (a) at least 1 year of experience using Cloud technologies, & (b) at least 2 years of experience in an Agile environment; (II) Demonstrated ability to write complex SQL queries; (III) Background implementing scalable, performant big-data architectures; (IV) Demonstrated ability to architect end-to-end solutions & ability to design for scalability & performance; (V) Track record influencing technical direction via communication & a demonstrated ability to communicate firmly, clearly & convincingly to express ideas, solutions & opinions; & (VI) Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new technologies & implement prototypes.
Or apply online at https://careers.ruegiltgroupe.com/ (RGG Services, is a Rue Gilt Groupe Company). Search under Technology section to access this Principal Data Engineer posting.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered