Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastlys edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, & reliably by processing, serving, & securing our customers applications as close to their end-users as possible at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, & to support agile software development.
Fastlys customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travellers can book flights seamlessly & embark on their next great adventure, & sports fans can stream events in real-time, across devices. They include many of the worlds most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, & Ticketmaster.
Were building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Localisation Program Manager
In this role, you will be responsible for leading Fastlys localisation efforts, to support the business international expansion. You will collaborate with marketing, design, product, linguists & localisation vendors, using your localisation expertise to improve & consolidate existing workflows to ensure efficiency & scalability.
What You'll Do
- Define, manage, & optimise Fastlys localisation program
- Drive localisation projects from start to finish; managing project plans, budgets, & communication with internal teams & vendors
- Act as the ambassador for localisation within Fastly; represent non-US countries & non-English languages
- Train others on new localisation technologies & processes
- Manage localisation vendors (translation, technology) to ensure projects are completed on tight timelines with a high level of linguistic quality & brand fidelity
- Stay up to date with localisation best practices & industry landscape
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years of experience leading localisation & internationalisation efforts
- Strong experience setting up processes, workflows & ways of working
- Extensive Project Management Experience, managing marketing projects across multiple regions & across multiple platforms
- Expert in the latest localisation tools & strategies; knowledge of industry & vendor landscape
- Experience in complex program management; demonstrated ability to drive strategy & execution by working with a diverse group of cross-functional partners
- Ability to build relationships; excellent communication skills
- Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Excellent attention to detail with high regard for linguistic quality & brand [voice]
- Fluency in at least non-English language required (Spanish, French, German, or Japanese a plus)
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity & to providing employees with a safe & welcoming work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.