At Havenly, we believe everyone deserves a beautiful home that they love. Through our proprietary technology & our team of talented designers, we make designing & shopping for your home, fun, easy, & accessible for all.
Were growing our team & looking for engineers to help us solve big problems, & contribute to the growth & scale of the business. Weve built unique, innovative software for online design services, client management, & e-commerce. We make decisions based on data. We leverage modern engineering technology & machine learning all with the goal of building the most delightful offering for our clients. This has resulted in an incredibly successful, growing business. Weve come a long way but believe were only scratching the surface of this opportunity.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for establishing & maintaining the Continuous Integration (CI) & Continuous Deployment (CD) automation infrastructure to support the Havenly Engineering team. You will work with a cross-functional team to deliver scalable automation solutions to enable rapid development & configuration management of the source code. In addition to supporting testing & deployment for new releases, you will also be instrumental in developing & maintaining scalable & stable production environments for the web application, backend microservices, & data ETLs.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Setup & maintain a scalable, stable set of build, test & deploy jobs for the Havenly Engineering team.
- Ensure that Havenly provides a consistent, fast, & delightful experience to both internal & external customers.
- Own, extend, & maintain the AWS based infrastructure hosting the CI/CD tools & ensure we have the scalable infrastructure to support our product & development team needs
- Extend the build system for new application initiatives if/when needed.
- Take ownership of core automation tools such as GitLab, GitLab CI, ECS
- Ensure the infrastructure is secure, recoverable (disaster, data) & maintained (security patches, tool upgrades, etc.) as well as highly automated
- Be part of an engineering organization that exists to efficiently deliver high-quality code to production that powers the business
OUR TECH STACK:
- We are 100% cloud based through AWS, leveraging services such as ECS, RDS, CloudFormation, S3, CloudWatch, & EC2.
- Other technologies in use include NewRelic, Fabio, thumbor, Prometheus, & Grifana
- A strong background in engineering
- Experience with High Availability setups using multiple strategies (master/slave, federation, etc.) in an AWS-backed infrastructure.
- Have built infrastructure to detect problems, monitor health & performance of servers & have used Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Services such as New Relic to assist in these efforts.
- Experience scaling infrastructure that interacts with 3rd party services
- 2+ years experience building & managing a continuous integration environment such as Jenkins, Hudson, GitLabCI, or TravisCI & have complimentary release management experience.
- 5+ years of Linux admin & development experience including experience with shell scripting, networking, storage & release management
- Experience working with Ansible, Docker & GitLab
- Experience with PHP, nodejs, & Serverless Frameworks a plus
- Strong experience tuning performance on relational databases like MySQL
- Relentlessly High Standards. You take pride in developing elegant, scalable, robust, & maintainable systems.
Its challenging- You get the opportunity to work hard, learn a ton, & grow your skill set. This is not a 9-5 job, we have high expectations, & every day youll be faced with new challenges where you have to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other & move forward.
Its fulfilling - We get the opportunity to affect one of the most personal aspects of someone's life, their home, every single day. We feel really lucky to be able to create spaces where people feel comfortable, make lifetime memories in, & call home.
Its fun - We truly love what we do. Growing a business is fun. Working with a team of incredibly talented people who also love what they do is fun. Getting to do what you love to do & make an impact is fun.
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, & are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, & a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you. Please complete your application online