Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
CheddarU is the largest news network of its kind, reaching over 600 campuses & 7 million students, CheddarU broadcasts live Cheddar content right onto screens on college campuses.Hundreds of thousands watch us live daily & hundreds of millions watch our videos monthly. 8 hours live a day. It is available on Sling TV, Hulu, YouTube TV, Amazon, Comcast X1, & 60% of smart tvs in the U.S.
Cheddars team is growing, & the needs of the business are expanding - at a very fast pace. Were looking for an outgoing & driven Sales Associate to play an integral role growing & maintaining CheddarUs existing campus distribution while managing a diverse portfolio of marketing projects to increase awareness on campus of CheddarU amongst our student audience.
The right candidate will have 1-3 years proven sales experience, with a successful track record of digging out leads & completing deals quickly. This is a goals oriented role with weekly progress reviews. Success requires confidence & ease of introducing yourself & pitching CheddarU at conferences & over the phone is a must.
The Sales Associatemust be relentless in her/his pursuit of working with CheddarU clients & moving projects to completion & seeking out other opportunities to drive the organization forward.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter & a natural leader - someone who drives results & inspires others to take action.College involvement in clubs, activities, & organizations is a definite plus.
- Manage relationships with current CheddarU campus partners
- Responsible for renewing a minimum of 5 current college/university accounts per year
- Assist the Affiliate Sales Director & Account Manager with prospecting new campus accounts
- Represent & promote the CheddarU brand at conferences & trade shows
- Develop marketing collateral & presentation materials
- Research & report on national college trends
- Bachelor's degree (Communications, Marketing or Journalism preferred)
- 1-3 years of sales, marketing & customer service experience
- Ability & desire to learn the sales process
- Experience in creating & presentations & marketing collateral
- Experience as a vendor at conferences/trade shows is a plus
- College involvement in clubs & student activities
- Track record of success
- Responsible for managing clients day to day
- Own, manage & develop relationships
- Strong computer skills
- Sharp communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable on the phone
- Must possess & demonstrate presentation skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
Our Benefits & Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed & our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast & achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, & different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, & vision insurance, disability & life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks & snacks, team events, happy hours, & more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, & we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates & are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences & backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.