As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
"Location is flexible within the United States, including remote"
The Senior Director, Sales Training & Enablement is a member of Visa University's Market Learning organization reporting to the Regional Head of Learning & Head of Sales Excellence. This role is responsible for the effective creation, enhancement & delivery of Sales/Client facing (product) training, as well as industry & Visa-specific training. This should encompass content design, facilitating engaging live & virtual training programs & conducting 1:1 coaching to drive performance results.
The ideal candidate is passionate about supporting Sales methodology in a multi-faceted function such as consulting, has advanced experience with the sales life cycle, sales technical elements, consultative selling, financial acumen & payments industry. This individual should also have experience with generating revenue, create new business & be able to maximize sales leader & salesperson effectiveness.
This role is also responsible for the management & support of Sales trainers.
- Uses knowledge of Sales process & methodologies to design, develop, & implement selling-focused learning solutions aligned with business priorities & initiatives to ensure effective delivery & relevance of content
- Serves as Master Trainer for the Sales College responsible for collecting feedback from senior regional stakeholders on Sales curriculum & provides feedback to the Global Sales college to help evolve centralized curriculum.
- Contributes to the evolution & application of sales competency models for specific business roles related to selling as well as supporting the development of subject matter experts & VU Faculty
- Provides coaching & consulting on curriculum/training design & development to develop impactful, regionally tailored content, blended-training & non-training deliverables that will achieve the goals of the Sales organization
- Establishes themselves as a key influencer & subject matter expert by leveraging experience with selling tools, communities & social media platforms that enable learner engagement & connection pre- or post-training sessions.
- Builds long-term business relationships with various groups within the organization to ensure sellers/client facing roles have the right skills to excel in their job & the support they need - providing the knowledge, coaching, tools & inspiration
- Builds long-term business relationships with various groups within the organization including Sales, Product/Engineering, & Marketing in order to identify internal experts whose knowledge & skills effectively
- Builds a strong knowledge of the business, including internal & external trends, & keeps up to date with Visa's business, payments industry & regional nuances.
- Support the ROI strategy for key global initiatives & the collection of regional ROI metrics to support that strategy.
- Delivers exceptional learning experiences to participants ensuring a minimum NPS of 70 in region, or globally, as required
- Champions excellence in facilitation & knowledge to deliver content in a simple & effective way while fostering a safe environment to have productive discussions promoting & inspiring a culture of learning that encourages continuous performance improvement, innovation, & learner engagement
- Collaborates with partners across VU to ensure seamless delivery of programs including ensuring that classes are set up, technology & AV requirements are functioning, capturing attendance & driving attendee completion of feedback.
- Manages the workload & assignment of Sales & Client facing facilitation across the team.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 15+ years' experience in sales with increasing responsibility include leading a sales & client facing team & solution selling in the payments sector, managing & coaching sales & client facing teams, working closely with clients & driving revenue targets, developing sales training programs in a technology company, working with sales organization(s) to develop educational training solutions to improve sales competencies
- Passionate about sales & prior sales experience in a worldwide sales organization (e.g. in a technology company)
- Passionate about training delivery / experience of delivering training & / or presenting & facilitating content to large groups.
- Deep knowledge of the payments business, preferably Visa's products & services & regulatory landscape.
- Knowledge of selling tools (e.g. CRM, Seismic, Mindtickle, Portals), process (e.g. account planning) & skills (e.g. solution/consultative selling, storytelling/communication, white boarding, customer development, opportunity development, selling fundamentals)
- Strong, polished executive presence & business acumen a must.
- Experience working with strategic partners & industry and/or regulator subject matter preferred.
- Passion for teaching & facilitation & providing the best learning experiences for learners.
- Experience delivering formal or informal learning programs using single channel or blended approaches, including virtual & classroom-based instructor-led training (ILT), peer-to-peer learning, on-the-job learning & eLearning
- Proven ability to increase learner engagement in course facilitation, social media & communities.
- Ability to comprehend & translate complex technical concepts into terms that are easy to understand for non-industry audiences in an influential & persuasive manner.
- Strong communication (written & verbal) & consulting skills.
- Strong stakeholder management, relationship management & influencing skills at all levels in an organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity & rapidly changing content & strategies.
- Experience quantifying ROI for key initiatives
- Location is USAand requires willingness & ability to travel up to 50% as needed to deliver training.
- Fluent English required; additional languages to be added based on regional requirement
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Location is flexible & requires willingness & ability to travel up to 50% as needed.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.