We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America. Today, were one of the fastest-growing vacation rental companies in the worldthanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. Were hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. Were the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners & guests.
What were looking for
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Runner with a knack for fixing things to help out our guests. The Maintenance Runner position will assist in the maintenance needs of all Vacasa properties. You will spend your days traveling conducting basic maintenance in our homes. Coming to the rescue of our guests by diagnosing urgent issues in our homes & helping support the guest operations team.
What youll do
- Expect the unexpected, no day is the same & it will be spent traveling, performing basic maintenance & tasks in our homes. Flexibility & adaptability is a must.
- Work as part of our operations team to support the day to day, running keys & coming to the rescue of any team member in need!
- Remove trash from homes
- Run linens to Housekeepers
- Use your basic knowledge of maintenance tasks such as hanging pictures, fixing blinds & changing light-bulbs.
- Bring your skills & interest to learn home repairs including appliance trouble-shooting, cable/wifi troubleshooting, basic knowledge of HVAC systems & light plumbing [like fixing a leaky sink].
- Correspond on a regular basis via email & phone with the Local team & Central team.
- Order, maintain & replenish maintenance supplies & inventory.
- The job duties described, are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, & skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The skills youll need
- Communicator: proactively communicate with our guests, owners, housekeeping team, maintenance team & local/central teams via email, phone, & in person.
- Problem Solver: at Vacasa, we always seek to head problems off at the pass, but chaos theory prevails & we can't pre-solve for everything. When something doesn't go according to plan, you will need to go into action & work with teams across Vacasa to turn problems into opportunities.
- Can do/will do attitude: when guests are on vacation, we are our busiest. A willingness to help when needed is essential. This will include weekends & holidays.
- Natural born leader: as a Maintenance Runner, you will need to take charge & rescue the tasks at hand. Your ability to think on your feet, be collective with your thoughts & have a positive way of interacting with others is essential.
- Computer Savvy: Our custom developed management software has set Vacasa apart as an industry leader. We use our system to manage all aspects of our business. While we will never ask you to do any coding, we will want you to be very comfortable using a computer. If you commonly find yourself saying, "I bet I can get on youtube & figure out how to do that.", you'll be just fine.
- Highly Organized: This position requires balancing competing priorities on a day to day & minute by minute basis. At Vacasa we are dedicated to providing the best tools possible to manage the workload, but there is a critical human piece that you will provide. We rely on you to balance those priorities & kick into action with your organization skills to manage the workload.
- Change Agent: At Vacasa, we firmly believe that every employee should be a stakeholder in improving our owner & guest experience. As an agent of change we will ask you to help identify areas where we have an opportunity to improve.
- The ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Reasonable comfort level with computers & smart devices
- Access to the internet & the ability to check your email on a daily basis
- $19.00 per hour - seasonal pay rate 5/2/21 through 10/2/21
- $17.00 per hour - regular pay rate
- New Hires Sign-on & End of Season Retention = $500 total, $250 sign on for new hires, & $250 for retained staff at end of the season
- $100/monthly car allowance
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% coverage option based on hours worked
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits based on hours worked
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts based on hours worked
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse & inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe & productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.