At Tanium our Partner Solution Center team works closely with Partner Sales teams as well as Tanium TSM teams to help partners engage current & potential customers. We drive par & lead the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle, demo the platform, & deliver comprehensive Proof of Value (POV).
You will be engaged in interactive partner-led pre-sales discovery meetings, assist partners with analysis of customers current technology & architecture, operational & business needs; & the development & presentation of appropriate Tanium solutions. You will help partners lead deep-dive technical discussions with the customer to position Taniums transformative enterprise operations & security platform to the relevant stakeholders, from C-level to the technology user.
What youll do:
- Work directly with our world-class partner sales team from initial discovery to deal close to shorten sales cycles & improve closing rates
- Learn to eventually oversee & participate in initial discovery meetings with Partner & mid-market customers, providing platform demos & highly technical Proof of Value engagements for both existing customers & new sales opportunities
- Learn to work with senior team members to architect solutions for IT Operations, Security, & Risk teams
- Be the direct conduit translating the partners customer business challenges into technical solutions, positioning Tanium to effectively solve those challenges
- Become a technical expert throughout sales engagements, ensuring that tactical motions in the partner pre-sales & POV processes line up with strategic account goals
- Prioritize & complete tasks on-time. Handle ambiguous situations with guidance
- Maintain high level of accountability, understanding when to seek guidance to resolve assigned or account tasks
- Team with Partner field engineering & sales teams to ensure maximum technical effectiveness & consistent customer experience throughout the POV process
- Capable of leading projects to completion when directed. Handle change well. Understand & align with company strategic goals
- Consistently & cogently address our partners needs through astute verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Build, manage & maintain strong relationships with customers, peers & partners
- Provide partner & customer Sales & Channel enablement, including training
- Operate as a keystone in the sales model, working with the Partner focused Sales, Marketing, Product, & TSE organizations to continuously improve effectiveness & efficiency throughout the partner & customer life-cycle
- Set & manage personal & professional goals with guidance from leadership & mentors
- Travel expected to be 20-40% to engage with customers & prospects in person
We are looking for someone with:
- Interest in gaining operational and/or selling experience in endpoint operations or security
- Interest in learning in real time a partner-facing or partner support skillset
- Interest in Software pre-sales or related value-based technical selling expertise
- Experience presenting to small & large groups
- Ability to take ownership of initiatives & produce successful outcomes
- Broad knowledge of the IT security, operations, & compliance space & products
- Interest in gaining operational or sales experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Endpoint Security
- IT Operations Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Knowledge of scripting languages is a plus
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Naturally team-oriented with a mission-first attitude
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
Does this sound like you?
- An engineer with interest in sales that thrives on complex business problems & solving them with technology.
- Are you the go-to technical person who excels under pressure?
- Can you become a technologist who enjoys working with customers on delivering successful business outcomes?
- Do you wish you could be more hands-on with technology while learning the sales process?
At Tanium, we empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Theres a reason why six of the top ten retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, & five of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/