As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Primarily the architecture, engineering, deployment & support of MySQL database environment.
Support Database Platform Engineering in the architecture, development & deployment of MySQL Database on LUW in high SLA environments. This includes, but is not limited to, advanced to expert engineering & implementation of the following:
- Manage, support & maintain database technology & infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines & policies.
- Database administration for off the shelf & internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation & availability in support of mission critical business applications & participating in on-call rotation.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade & maintain MySQL databases in production & non-production environments.
- Support local/across the DC failover with High Availability Disaster Recovery environment with MySQL native Replication. Participate in Database Maintenance & DR activities.
- Write/maintain OS level scripts for DB automation & application maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise & hands-on support in consolidation & migration of databases to new hardware & platforms.
- Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, & disaster recovery solutions.
- Proactive & reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting & resolution of escalated Level 2 & Level3 issues.
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth & system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, & the structured organized reporting of the same.
- Work closely with other Infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, & technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA's & performance targets.
- Adapt business requirements, model data, & develop database specifications, table & element attributes.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection & implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring & tuning, recovery, & database change management processing.
- Ability to work well as a team & as an individual with minimal supervision.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required. Post graduate degree a plus
- DBA experience, managing MySQL databases, Versions 5.5 & onwards
- MySQL Replication experience, managing complex replication topology
- InnoDB Cluster Experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of MySQL database fundamentals
- Strong understanding of MySQL Native Replication fundamentals
- Strong understanding of MySQL database security management
- Should have strong UNIX platform skills & understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments & security.
- Proficiency in writing SQL procedures & functions for administration & application support
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, Shell scripting, Perl/Python scripting is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems & database environment issues.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Work experience in a Financial Institute will be preferred.
Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.