Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Manager to join our Regulatory Affairs team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Regulatory Affairs team secures approval of Oscars plan portfolio through annual filings, helping maintain relations with our regulators & ensuring regulatory readiness across Oscar.
As a Senior Manager you will build processes to monitor compliance, and, in some instances, submit Oscars annual reporting obligations to regulatory bodies, associations, & exchanges for commercial & Medicare Advantage insurance operations. You will be an important contact point for our regulators, & help secure regulatory approval for Oscars plan portfolios to be offered on & off health insurance marketplaces. You will work alongside other Oscar teams including Clinical, Finance, Risk, Legal, Network, Sales, & Marketing to ensure Oscars full regulatory readiness.
You will report into the General Counsel & VP of Legal.
You will lead a team in doing the following:
- Ensure the accurate submission of Oscars annual regulatory obligations.
- Build processes for internal tracking & monitoring reporting across teams.
- Develop a repository of internal procedural guides on reporting obligations to support teams & retain institutional knowledge.
- Help maintain relationships with regulatory bodies in the states where Oscar operates.
- Prepare, file, & secure approval & certification of Oscars insurance products through the annual QHP filings (form, binder, rate, network) with state regulators, state exchanges, & CMS.
- Compile & maintain filing deadlines for form, binder, rate, & network annual QHP submissions by state & LOB.
- Manage, train, provide feedback & assign responsibilities for direct reports to support their professional growth
- Work independently under remote management, encouraging solid relationships with regulators & colleagues.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years of work experience in healthcare insurance or regulatory affairs
- Experience managing people & developing teams
- Project management experience. You have experience managing large complicated projects that span across the organization, keeping track of details, & staging work to deliver projects on time
- Experience in process improvement & workflow design
- Masters Degree
- A passion for healthcare
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.