Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. & Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart & Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology & data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands & independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools & insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box & e-commerce giants. Were looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
Our engineering team owns the code that makes our marketplace work. We care about good engineering practice & love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, & can scale to millions of users. We build minimum viable products, deploy to production multiple times per day, A/B test customer-facing changes, listen to the data, & iterate.
As a Sr. Back-end, you'll collaborate with us to:
- Deliver core features of our Kotlin/Java 8 server
- Design & build new APIs used by our web site & mobile app
- Write integration tests for everything
- Share ownership of our product
- Help the product team continuously improve our customer's experience
We're excited about you because you have:
- A proficiency in the English language
- A passion for programming & solving problems with code
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A love for technology, & an insatiable curiosity for new tools to tackle real problems
Technologies we use & teach:
- Kotlin, Java 8
- JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, Jersey
- HTTP, JSON, & Protocol Buffers
Why youll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling & our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business & taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology & data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation & machine learning to connect brands & boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious & resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, & develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity & data in our decision making, & reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product & engineering leads from Square. Were backed by some of the top investors in retail & tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, & DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco & Kitchener-Waterloo, & a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London & Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire & our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.