We are looking for an experienced & passionate Software Engineering Manager with a proven record in delivering web applications to production. This role will work closely with the Product & Design groups to define & execute against project roadmaps.
The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for the planning & execution of web applications. This includes coordinating & directing all engineering efforts to meet product requirements, support, monitoring, & iterative improvement of existing web applications. The role requires proven experience in planning, designing, developing & deploying scalable & resilient web application systems.
We use diverse stacks & tools across our products. All products have CI infrastructure. Teams use agile development processes & work closely with Product Management & UX Designers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead strategy for building web applications & platforms
- Make architectural decisions
- Identify, evaluate, & implement solutions to improve team & platform efficiency
- Recommend new technologies & practices to scale efficiently
- Oversee development of Thingiverse.com, app plug-ins, print monitoring tools, e-commerce, Makerbot.com, & integrations
- Work with Product & Design to develop roadmaps
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in web applications
- Experience building effective relationships with technical teams, product, & design
- Expertise in engineering web application system architecture
- Ability to coach & mentor team members
- Experience deploying, maintaining, & scaling web applications on a cloud services infrastructure (We use GCP, Docker, & Kubernetes!)
Other things we do:
- Demo Day:Every other Friday the software, product, & design teams gather to share what weve been working on. Its a nice way to wind down the week. Soft drinks & beer provided!
- Programming Workshop:On non-Demo Day Fridays we hold an optional programming workshop. This a team-driven meeting where topics are suggested by all of us. Want to learn something new? Suggest it! Want to tell everyone how great some new tech is? Propose it! Beverages provided.
- Quarterly team outings:We carve out time to have fun on company time! Events in the past have included: catching a film & grabbing lunch at the nearby Alamo Drafthouse; playing games, sipping beers, & slamming snacks at Barcade, & exploring good eats in Brooklyn on a local food tour. We are always open to suggestions!
Sometimes, its the little things:
- Amazing view from the 21st floor. Great for Instagram!
- Snacks & seltzer. Fruit, yogurt, nuts, granola bars, chips, cereal its like bringing your pantry to work.
- A ping-pong & pool table, if youre into that sort of thing. And healthy intra-office competition to go with it.
- Weekly on-site, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course. But also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge & expertise to help & teach you how to use them.
- Monthly birthday celebrations complete with cupcakes, brownies, & some ridiculously delicious pudding cups.
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, & three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot,a subsidiary of Stratasys. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability & ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry & also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals & educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.