Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Director of Digital Marketing Operations & Governance will be part of the newly formed Global Marketing Operations & Governance team within Visa's Global Marketing Solutions team, which enables data-driven, integrated capabilities enabling our regional marketers & clients. The Global Marketing Operations & Governance team is charged with driving operational excellence & effectively managing risks throughout our marketing & communications activities. The team is seeking individuals highly passionate about marketing & operations to join our journey in building an industry leading function.
- Implement & oversee governance efforts across Visa's digital marketing footprint, including websites & social media:
- Understand Visa's digital marketing strategies globally & evaluate effectiveness of implementation
- Define, implement, manage, & monitor global adoption of digital marketing policies, standards, processes, & best practices to Visa's marketers & agency partners, covering web & social media management, content publishing, content strategy, digital measurement & insights, digital asset management, etc.
- Develop a corporate-wide community around digital marketing, focused on sharing best practices, establishing standards, & recognizing effective results
- Identify & effectively manage risks to protecting Visa throughout our digital marketing initiatives
- Champion adoption of preferred tools, technologies, & processes, including Visa's content management system, social media management, DAM, & ad tech platforms
- Define & implement a scalable transition & change management process
- Develop productive partnerships & collaborate with subject matter experts & stakeholders, regional/local marketers, agencies, & internal functional groups, including Legal, Privacy, IT, Sourcing, & Finance
- Drive operational excellence across digital channels:
- Evaluate existing tools & processes & identify optimization opportunities
- Monitor Visa's external digital footprint & provide insights & recommendations to more effectively & efficiently deliver against Visa's digital strategy
- Oversee day-to-day governance-related operations, i.e. social media account & website management, content management, etc.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD)
- 10+ years of relevant digital marketing & operations management experience
- Prior experience leading through influence, leveraging strong relationships with global leaders, stakeholders, clients, & partners, both face-to-face & virtually
- You have prior experience managing corporate social media presence across channels, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Vine, Tumblr, Sina Weibo, WeChat, etc.
- Experience working with web & social content management systems, content management platforms, content quality tools, digital asset management systems, programmatic media buying, SEO/SEM
- You have prior experience establishing common cross-channel taxonomies
- Strong passion towards business operations & marketing, especially in humanizing operations within a marketing environment
- Outstanding communication skills able to translate strategies, policies, & standards into a scalable, understandable format & articulate the value of work to the business
- You have prior experience in transition / change management (TCM): deep understanding & demonstration of application of TCM processes in complex environments
- Experience sourcing, adopting, & scaling marketing technologies to support operations
- You have strong project management skills
- Experience working in ambiguous / start-up environments
- Strong problem solving skills & ability to observe & translate operational challenges into strategic, actionable objectives
- You are extremelyadaptable & quick learner
- Proven team player, highly adaptable to new opportunities, & able to learn complex topics quickly
- Establishes internal & external partnerships by identifying common interests & mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Establishes a goal-oriented culture & continually raises the bar for organizational achievement.
- Scans the internal & external environment to leverage new sources of data & create a compelling vision for the organization.
- Spur Innovation
- Creates an environment where independent thinking is encouraged & where productive debate about existing assumptions, methods & processes is the norm.
- Recognizes & acts on ways to anticipate needs, address unmet demands, & enter new markets.
- Champions & devotes resources to process improvement efforts across the function & the company.
Execute on Commitments
- Creates clear strategic priorities for the business & aligns resources accordingly.
- Ensures that decisions are made in a timely manner without overanalyzing data; holds managers accountable for balancing risks & meeting goals.
- Effectively prioritizes the most critical projects for the business function & aligns resources appropriately.
- Monitors success metrics against established criteria & benchmarks.
- Collaborate Across Boundaries
- Executes decisions with the goals & vision of the company in mind; acts as a representative of the company brand both internally & externally.
- Identifies complex issues affecting multiple areas & develops solutions that can be applied across the organization.
- Ensures a culture of cooperation & relationship building at every level of the organization; builds & continually revisits organizational structures that best support a culture of collaboration.
This position will be performed in an office setting.The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones & computers), reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel domestically & internationally up to 15-20%.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.