We are in search of a top tier Senior Accountant of Compensation to join Okta. The ideal candidate is a detailed-oriented, self-motivated team player, who enjoys working in a challenging & fast-paced environment. This individual should have a solid working knowledge of GAAP, SEC regulations, & internal controls & will be responsible for the timely & accurate recording of compensation & benefits related activities of the company. This includes recording of equity-based compensation calculations, sales commissions/compensation plan calculation & accruals, payroll & related benefits/taxes accruals, as well as bonuses related accruals. Additionally, this role will be responsible for supporting the month-end close process, SOX compliance control execution & quarterly / annual audit process, as well as identifying & driving project-based work to provide process efficiencies for the team. This role will be reporting to the Manager, Compensation Accounting.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform various GL month-end close activities, including preparation & review of journal entries & balance sheet reconciliations such as Equity related accounts & disclosures, Payroll & Equity Cash accounts, Commission Journal Entries, Payroll Journal Entries, Bonus accruals , & other compensation related entries.
- Prepare & review the accounting entries as related to stock based compensation expense (for equity awards & ESPP plans)
- Perform Option valuations using Black Scholes valuation model
- Assessment & calculate equity award modifications & impact
- Review of Compensation Plan & Bonus plan calculations
- Collaborates closely with the Commissions Operations team on Monthly Commission Accruals
- Prepare Balance Sheet & P&L fluctuation analyses
- Assist in preparing internal & external financial reporting schedules
- Evaluate process & system infrastructure, along with identifying & implementing process improvement opportunities
- Maintain & enhance the internal controls over accounting processes & systems
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies & procedures
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance & non-finance business partners by providing financial insights & relevant reporting
- Support the quarterly reviews & annual audit requests & inquiries from our external auditors
- Coordination with payroll to process commission/bonus/retro & special payments
- Prepare month-end closing journal entries, including resolving discrepancies & ensuring entries are in accordance with US GAAP
- Ensure SOX & policy compliance
- Ad hoc accounting projects & requests, as needed
- Bachelors degree, with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 4-7 years of combined public accounting & private industry at a publicly traded company
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Solid working knowledge & application of US GAAP, SEC regulations, & SOX/internal controls
- Technical knowledge & strong understanding of the various types of equity awards & accounting treatment
- Familiarity with the operations & related accounting for Payroll, Commissions & Stock Based Compensation
- Strong problem solving, analytical, & organization skills
- Ability to execute, follow-up, & ensure attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal & communication (both verbal & written) skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing accuracy
- Strong systems knowledge, including the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Proficient with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Experience using Workday, ADP or other comparable payroll software a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.