GoCardless is building a new global network for recurring bank-to-bank payments. Were cutting out the intermediaries & linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of collecting payments directly from customers bank accounts.
Our API powers recurring payments for companies like the Financial Times, Thomas Cook & Nutmeg. It also enables partners including Quickbooks, Xero & Sage to help tens of thousands of small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
As an experienced Marketing Data Analyst practitioner youll bring your expertise to bear on our data & business, building out our data analysis capabilities with the Marketing function. Your key contribution will be to define, generate, analyse, interpret & communicate the metrics which underpin our sales & marketing objectives. Youll help the UK & International marketing managers make better, faster, more data-driven decisions & develop an expert knowledge of all areas of our global marketing operation.
Youll sit within our Marketing Operations function with a dotted line to our data & BI teams. Youll be required to work with technical & non-technical people across the whole company, from Operations to Marketing to Sales.
The main elements of this role will involve:
- Building new Marketing BI capability: working with the Demand Generation team to agree clear, unambiguous KPI definitions & mapping the relationships between leading & lagging metrics.
- Setting up, configuring & maintaining analytics tracking using Tag Management Systems (Google Tag Manager)
- Building, maintaining & communicating reports & dashboards to track Marketings key performance indicators against departmental objectives/targets.
- Working with stakeholders across the Marketing team to enable them to self-serve business intelligence through marketing tools like Bizible, Google Analytics, Looker, Pardot & Salesforce.
- Working with the central BI team to prototype, design & build reporting frameworks which can be adopted across Geos.
- Undertaking deep-dive analyses of post-campaign performance to put forward hypotheses & recommendations for future initiatives.
Some example of the types of challenges that youll help the business with:
Should we be investing more in PPC or Content syndication activities this QTR?
"Is event XYZ generating us significant ROI & worth continuing with this year?
"What campaign activities are contributing the most to bottom line revenue?
Are the French Demand Generation programmes yielding the same CTR as that of the UK?
How is Channel XYZ performing YTD & YOY?
Which email within XYZ programme needs immediate attention for a content update?
Which channels are contributing the most to funnel stage X, Y or Z?
Who we're looking for:
- A Marketing data analyst with a proven track record of enabling marketing teams to make better data-driven decisions
- You can turn complex business requirements into scalable, robust, explorable data products
- Youre a self-starter - you take initiative in spotting opportunities & finding ways to solve challenges with data
- Youre curious in nature & keen to identify the why within a data set
- Youre used to talking about your work with clarity to your immediate team & senior management
- A strong understanding & scepticism about the features & limitations of different data sources
- Youre good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you're working with
- Somebody that is keen to critique a dataset
- You can judge when an analysis requires a 5 decimal point precision versus a back-of-the-envelope calculation
- Youll have experienced the technical challenges of setting up BI reporting for a fast-growing global B2B marketing function
- Youll be able to demonstrate how you have automated repetitive tasks to make you & your team more efficient
- You have commercial experience in a fast moving company
- Youre as comfortable building ETL pipelines as you are visualising insights & finding the business narrative in the data
- You have a vast wealth of experience working with a Marketing tech stack including but not limited to tools such as Bizible, Pardot, Google Analytics & Salesforce.
- You are a marketing data analyst specialist & can demonstrate how you have exclusively supported this business function.
- A degree (or equivalent work experience) in a numerate field (Business / Commercial / Science / Maths etc).
- You have very strong data visualisation skills, including usage of self-serve tools like Tableau, QlikView, Looker or similar.
- You can communicate your analyses clearly to both technical & non-technical audiences in both verbal & written format.
- Have a strong sense of Team & willing to support those around you.
- Advanced SQL skills would be advantageous but are not essential
- Previous experience setting up & managing a DMP would be advantageous but is not essential
This role would suit someone with a minimum of 4 years experience, having worked as a senior level marketing data analyst within the marketing function of a SaaS or tech organisation.
We welcome a wide diversity of candidates from varying backgrounds if you're unsure, please apply.