Indigo is working to harness nature to sustainably feed the planet. We have discovered a transformational opportunity to improve global crop yield & reduce the use of agricultural chemicals & fertilizers by utilizing the core microbiome inside plants to confer material yield & crop protection benefits across a variety of crops, geographies & stresses. The challenge & opportunity for Indigo is to gain critical first mover advantages by scaling quickly & effectively (~$1B 2020 revenue.)
The role of Billing Specialist will generate invoices through manual templates, uploads to the ERP system, or through inspection & release of shipped orders in the ERP system. The role builds invoices including pricing calculations, works extensively with Excel as the primary reporting tool.
- Coordinate & communicate status of activities across multiple finance groups & stakeholders
- Collect all the information required to calculate invoices by business model type (quantity, unit price, terms, due dates, taxes etc.); perform invoice adjustments
- Issue invoices & statements to customers via automated or manual channels
- Track metrics related to invoice delivery, aging, & provide reports to management
- Coordinate with Credit team to ensure customer payment reminders & follow-up occurs via multiple channels (email, phone, mail etc.).
- Collaborate with internal customer facing teams to resolve complaints regarding disputes, errors, & adjustments
- Ensure all state jurisdictional requirements related to the sale of grain are tracked, in conjunction with follow-up invoicing activities
- Monitor & review customer account balances (within Oracle); identify outstanding debts & master data inconsistencies.
- Comfortable with ambiguous environment
- Detail oriented
- Thrives in fast paced, high volume environment
- Strong verbal & written communication
- Ability to navigate through competing priorities
- Ability to understand contractual language
- Strong Excel & analytical skills
- 1-3 years of Accounts Receivable & Billing experience
- Oracle or ERP (SAP, JDE, People Soft, etc.) experience is a plus
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in related fields
This is a remote opportunity