Casper is looking for a Retail Operations Specialist to implement & scale operating practices to the retail fleet with efficiency & predictability. They will lead the creation & implementation of Retail operating standards by fostering strong partnerships, providing clear communication, & driving accountability. They will instill an operational component with Casper cross-functional partners so all store facing initiatives run smoothly. As a key stakeholder on the Retail team, they will collaborate throughout the Casper organization to help scale tools & resources to our store teams.
This role will report to the Senior Manager of Retail Operations.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Key stakeholder in the development & maintenance of all store operating procedures & influencing field leadership to ensure consistent implementation
- Assist in optimizing cross-functional workflows that equip our stores to execute daily operations effectively & efficiently
- Collaborate on store projects & field leadership events from start to finish, including new store openings
- Lead, & own the facilities strategy for a 70+ store fleet, including ongoing maintenance, repairs, store renovations & refreshes
- Oversee labor planning & scheduling to ensure that required payroll is adequately budgeted & allocated
- Oversee Retail reporting to ensure metrics & performance is visible & understood by the Retail team
- Build influential relationships with leadership across other Casper departments, including Technology, Finance, & Supply Chain / Operations
- Develop & support delivery of concise & actionable operational standards to retail partners
- Effectively meet goals & milestones while being able to adjust & refocus within project timelines
- Analyze & support daily retail operational functions throughout the fleet such as merchandise inventory control
Our dream candidate is...
- Passion for the Casper brand
- Bachelors degree with 5 years of related experience
- Corporate retail operations experience preferred
- Proven ability to lead & execute complex programs or projects from start to finish
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build partnerships & have excellent verbal, written & presentation skills; ability to communicate down, across & up within the organization
- Organized & detail oriented
- Creative thinker
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to listen & communicate with internal teams & outside vendors & contractors
- Flexibility to shift focus & priorities
- Experience in the Retail Operations areas below: Stockroom organization & workflow; Merchandise inventory control; Employee experiences; Store payroll & scheduling; Mobile solutions; Store technology & uses; Loss prevention; Store policies/procedures; Multi-channel distribution; Vendor management; NSOs; store supplies & fixtures