Nexthink is the global leader in digital employee experience management. Our products allow enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experiences. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation & employee feedback, Nexthink gives IT teams the insight they need to empower & even delight people at work.
Headquartered in Switzerland with US headquarters in Boston, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain & UAE. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of nearly ten million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, & equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational & multilingual, & come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions & foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
The Senior GL Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager.
The role's primary responsibility is to support the monthly financial closing according to IFRS / US GAAP & local legal requirements, which shall include the following tasks:
- Manage & book revenues & commissions entries, as per local GAAP & Group accounting standards (IFRS 15 & ASC 606).
- Estimate & book all IFRS related entries in the ERP, including IFRS 2, IAS 19 & IFRS 16 postings.
- Once transition to US GAAP is complete, US GAAP postings in the ERP will also be handled by this role.
- Calculate & book GL group accruals, Including bonus, holidays & bad debts accruals.
- Manage fixed assets year-end Group bookings.
- Support the Accounting Manager with all technical tasks related to the ERP, such as closing the database at year-end
- Always ensure compliance with the internal control system.
- Support the other Accounting team members during holidays.
- Ad hoc projects, such as support on the implementation of the new ERP.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance & accounting or equivalent accounting qualification.
- At least 5 years of accounting experience in a similar position in a fast-growing multinational environment. Software industry experience is a plus.
- Attention to details, ability to keep deadlines & set priorities.
- Knowledge of finance & accounting principles, US GAAP & IFRS knowledge preferred.
- Constantly eager to improve processes & create automations.
- Exceptional analytical & quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to contribute to the success & the achievement of a team.
- Knowledge & understanding of FX, currencies & revaluation.
- Experience in consolidation bookings & reconciliations is a plus.
- Excellent excel & computer skills.
- SAP / Oracle knowledge is a plus.
- Fluent in English is required, strong knowledge in French is a plus.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful & innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness & collaboration.