WayUp is the leading D&I platform that ensures employers achieve their D&I goals by helping them virtually recruit qualified, diverse early-career candidates. Since 2014, WayUp has worked with employers of all sizesfrom Fortune 500s like Clorox & Citi to nonprofits & startups. With over 6M users (71% of whom self-identify as underrepresented minorities), WayUp is known as the go-to platform used by early-career professionals to get hired.
WayUp is looking for a new Director of Product to help companies adopt a data-driven diversity approach to their hiring, helping students & recent graduates of all backgrounds get hired quickly, equally, & with an amazing candidate experience.
The Director of Product is the most senior Product role at WayUp, reporting to the cofounder/CTO & working directly alongside our experienced Director of Engineering. You will be responsible for & take ownership over all aspects of our products, as well as manage, train, & run the product team. This is a role with a great deal of responsibility, & you will interface with every single leader at WayUp, as well as many of our clients & our investors, on a regular basis.
Some of the projects youll be working on:
- Continuing to expand WayUp beyond early career
- International expansion
- Multichannel messaging
- First-of-its kind diversity analytics
- And much more!
Why is this job important? You will be the main person responsible for all of WayUps products--and therefore critical not only in the success & growth of the company, but in changing the lives of every one of the 6 million candidates who is a user of or gets a job through WayUp, especially those who are underserved or underrepresented minorities in the workplace.
- Build, lead & maintain a self-sufficient & highly-functioning product team
- Be data-driven & iterative - comfortable being visionary & taking risks
- Develop & align OKRs across WayUp
- Work with Analytics, Customer Success, & Sales to turn raw data into compelling insights & stories
- Oversee & run the creation & execution of WayUps product roadmap
- Define product success metrics & analyze product performance
- Speak with WayUp clients & prospects on a regular basis, both to gather ideas & to help explain our product when required on calls
- Manage two or more direct reports who are PM level or higher
- Communicate effectively & negotiate deals with outside vendors or partners
- Present to investors and/or the Board of Directors, with executive guidance
- Develop processes for gathering, processing, & responding to input from all stakeholders
- Strong process & project management experience, need to be very organized
- Ability to work with data in a strategic way--understanding, questioning, & storytelling
- At least 4-5 years of experience in product-related roles
- Previous management experience
- Previous experience working on one or more of: (a) B2B products, (b) dashboard-based SaaS products, (c) products in HR Technology or recruiting
- Nice to have: experience in data analysis and/or SQL
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plan (Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits)
- 401k Plan through MassMutual
- Monthly Lunch & Learns with Industry Leaders, CEOs, VC's & more
- Unlimited Sick Days
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
By submitting your application, you agree to submit a list of references as part of the interview process & consent to WayUp contacting these references.
The Company values the array of backgrounds, talents & perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex & gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation & related medical conditions), gender identity & gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military & veteran status, certain arrest or conviction records, domestic violence victim status, & any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics).