As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Reporting to the Director, Client Success, the Growth Account Manager (AM) is an important part of our selling cycle, focused on driving programs & post-sale client engagement while simultaneously driving the internal conversations related to the high-volume turn-key opportunity as well as large, multi-faceted, integrated programs. The Account Manager serves an integral role in maintaining & growing Vox Advertising revenue through the expert execution of client strategy, from campaign management & customer service through incremental, upsell, & renewal opportunities. Growth AMs are involved in the entire campaign lifecycle with a heavily concentrated focus on post-sale, owning all aspects of a program once the program closes.
This is a high-energy position, requiring proven capability & experience in the Account Manager domain, deep digital, social, & mobile expertise, & the ability to work flexibly & collaboratively with internal teams & senior management to achieve advertiser & company objectives.
What youll do:
- In partnership with Account Director (Seller), the Account Manager, Growth, serves as existing day-to-day manager of running business & directs execution of business activities & campaign management for customers & expertly partners with internal teams to do so.
- Focus on the post-sale segment of the sales cycle, driving flawless execution, showcasing performance, & positioning additional revenue opportunities.
- Earn the confidence first & foremost of seller(s) & sales management, & also other internal stakeholders across the revenue organization (creative strategy, revenue operations, ad operations, Vox Creative production, & more).
- Partner with Sales, Solutions Planner, & Strategist (when applicable) to ensure pre-sale sentiment & campaign objectives are carried into post-sale flawlessly, ensuring the spirit of the proposal & campaign strategy tie directly to client objectives & desired outcomes in post-sale.
- Handles all agency relationships in post-sale.
- Embodies a level of comfort in handling a high volume of turn-key programs at any given time, while simultaneously managing some large, complex integrated brand programs.
- Lead pertinent client presentations (ex: internal & external kick-off meetings, wrap decks) & actively participate in key client presentations.
- Expertly operate all revenue outcomes; a revenue defender combatting under-delivery & revenue slippage.
- Campaign management & revenue management wizard.
- Leverage industry & account expertise to land amust buysentiment across all customer touchpoints.
- Utilize performance data & insights to strategize, position, & sell through upsell, incremental, & renewal opportunities.
- Drive as an Internal client advocate, effectively communicating client KPIs, what the client cares about, what will make the customer happy, motivations behind any campaign, insight request, & more.
What you'll bring:
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills to deliver customer-focused solutions.
- Flexibility to maintain focus through change & drive amid ambiguity.
- Focus, accountability & teamwork to everything you do.
- Solution & outcome-oriented approach.
- Strategic thinking & storytelling, youll step back from the day-to-day to see the bigger picture.
- 1+ years of Account Management or related business experience, preferably with an agency or publisher.
- Expert knowledge of the digital media sales process & a background in media planning & major account management.
- Experience working with Operative, Prisma, comScore & Google Ad Manager a plus.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.