Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency & joy to the home buying process. Consumers & realtors deserve a better experience, & we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
- Be an invited guest to dinner - Everything we do is in the service of the customer.
- Be a (home) owner - If we see a problem, we address it head on without assuming someone else will do it.
- Break new ground - We challenge conventional wisdom to create clever solutions & break down the walls.
- Foster greatness - We grow & inspire the team around us to constantly make Ribbon better.
- Engage with intellectual humility - We become our best selves through rigorous debate & adjusting opinions based on new information.
As the founding member of Ribbons Business Operations & Strategy team, you will have the opportunity to define, build & scale a function that drives strategy, planning & execution across a hyper-growth startup. The Head of Business Operations & Strategy will support the leadership team in operationalizing our growth strategy, leading high priority strategic initiatives & building a scalable centralized operating system. With a combination of exceptional problem solving, analytical, project management & communication skills, along with a get stuff done mentality, you will play a key role in accelerating Ribbons growth & impact.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Serve as the connective tissue across functional teams, working to share knowledge & influence stakeholders on planning, process design & decision making
- Develop a deep & holistic understanding of Ribbons business model to tackle key strategic questions & execute critical initiatives
- Lead efficient operational planning processes, & manage the company-wide operating system to drive execution & instill a culture of accountability
- Support the refinement & execution of Ribbons corporate strategy through analysis, market research, business development efforts & project management
- Oversee business performance reporting & scale best practices across the organization
- Recommend & implement process improvement initiatives to drive operational efficiencies
- Build & scale a high-performing team of analysts & project managers
What we're looking for:
- 8 - 12 years of experience across a combination of business operations, management consulting, investment banking, private equity & venture capital
- Bachelors degree
- Experience managing complex cross-functional projects & programs, with a proven ability to influence without authority & build strong working relationships with business partners
- Structured strategic thinker with a data-driven approach to problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills ability to distill complex concepts into actionable frameworks
- Natural leader with a track record of building & managing lean teams that drive an outsized impact
- Highly organized, collaborative & self-motivated you thrive in a dynamic & often ambiguous work environment
- Residential real estate, fintech, and/or startup experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If youd be excited to show up for work each day, wed be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon were not scared of differences. Its how we break new ground. As we scale & we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, weve built & will continue to grow, a diverse & inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table & the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer & we support, celebrate, & cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.