Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are hiring for an SDR based in USA-remote to support our seasoned closers for new logos within the North America territory. Our SDRs work closely with seasoned Account Executives to build a closable pipeline & expand notable accounts. This role has multiple career paths & the training to be a future sales, customer success or operations professional. We are looking for future Planeteers that are passionate about our mission, sales & technology. As a foundational member of a high growth business unit, you will have the opportunity to contribute to strategy, account planning, & relationship development for a world class sales organization.
Impact Youll Own:
- Own a territory that you will nurture & develop high quality accounts & leads for your Account Executives, contributing directly to the topline level growth of Planet. You are hunting for accounts that mirror our ideal client profile & buying table.
- Collaborate with your dedicated Account Executive & field marketer to drive a world-class engagement experience with strategic sequences, impactful messaging & multi-threading.
- Understand the Planet product ecosystem & key verticals to provide a high level introduction & seamless hand-off to the Account Executive.
- Utilize business & industry knowledge to research accounts (i.e., zoominfo, 10K, industry publications), identify key stakeholders, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, & develop account plans.
What You Bring:
- Coachable & gritty with a deep desire to learn the business & crush monthly targets.
- Experience prospecting a SaaS product or service to F2000, global and/or government accounts. Knowledge of Command the Message a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex topics & weave great stories into effective messaging & business outcomes for targeted campaigns
- Personable with rapport building abilities & demonstrated discretion to work with confidential information
- Strong written communication, phone, presentation, & interpersonal skills
- Proactive, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Domain expertise in GEOINT, satellite imaging, or remote imaging. Previous vertical experience in: agriculture, energy, state & local governments or universities a plus
- Experience prospecting or selling into enterprise or government accounts
- Understanding & experience with MEDDPICC, Command of the Message and/or Science of Sales Development methodologies a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Groove & email automation tools
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites & Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $60,300 - $122,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission & equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, & other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.